BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, I may have some information for you. I have reported the same to the police but a suspicious group of three putting on 06 plates onto an M3 Saloon... didn't these come out in 2008? Not dodgy enough for you? OK - they all had gloves on while doing fitting the plates. Still not dodgy enough? OK - there was an epic amount of steam pouring out of the bonnet. Eventually one of them rode off in the car as if there wasn't a thing wrong with the engine and the other two left in a VW van.

Dodgy as sin.

M3 Saloon, Light Blue in colour.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was in Smethwick... in the industrial parts.

My theory is if someone is googling for info, this thread may crop up in their search.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the rough parts, Middlemore Road, specifically, Melbourne Road. And without sounding stereotypical, these guys were dressed in trackies and didn't look old enough to be able to afford a £60k car.

·
Registered
387 Posts
you just cant have anything decent anymore, you work hard for the toys we buy for some scum who wants to make himself some cash to nick or vandel it.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Yeah I'd be the same, if some nob jockey nicks my motor I'd never want to drive it again if it got recovered

·
Platinum BFuk Member
223 Posts
f****g c***s.. work in solihull getting a cosworth in a few months.. WELL SCARED!

b*****s
Solihull is not Smethwick (although tbh who'd steal cars in there own back yard) They seem to leave my Noble alone, never had issues with the Z4MC either.
And unless its a mint Escos/3dr Sierra, i dont think they bother much these days. You'd get as much for the sets of Alloys stolen from Sytner sutton over xmas as you would for a saph cos.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, when I searched for BMW's stolen from the Birmingham area I found this :eek

. I want to post a reply informing your forum that my M3, 2007 model was stolen from BHX NCP Long Stay 1 Airport Carpark on 04/06/2011, within 48 hours. My vehicle had tailgated a grey audi, with stolen plates out of the exit barrier. I would like your members to be alert that car thieves are nicking BMW's in this area.

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
This is bad bad news. Sorry to hear it :mad

Does anyone know what methods these lowlifes are using to steal such hi tech cars? I thought a new(ish) M3 would be un nickable without the keys??

and no, Im not wanting a description if you do know (pm me!), just wondering how they can have got it out of a supposedly slightly secure place

·
Registered
800 Posts

Does anyone know what methods these lowlifes are using to steal such hi tech cars? I thought a new(ish) M3 would be un nickable without the keys??

and no, Im not wanting a description if you do know (pm me!), just wondering how they can have got it out of a supposedly slightly secure place
i would of thought this too! maybe it was a bigger scam involving keys somehow

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Do the new bmw's come with the tracker system which is able to perform a remote start on a car or they have a mate who works in a dealership and they scope a car out and then keys are being ordered in or using a bmw bypass maybe?

If they want the money nothing is unnickable

Reactions: Boostist

·
Registered
142 Posts

This is not a detailed explanation on how to do it, it just outlines how they are now going about it

http://www.sbd.co.uk/uknews/file.axd?file=2010/12/2288+-+Whitepaper+on+Electronic+Theft+Tools.pdf

1 - 20 of 21 Posts