BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I was involved in an accident today in my 2001 320d

I was driving today down a narrow road in the streets of northwest london.

As I went up this stupid driver was coming from the other side, there are cars parked on either side of the road and there was a gap for her to go into.

However as you know there are some people who are quite stupid or are just plain stubborn and I had to reverse all the way down the road.

As I go back we exchange words and in the end I wish her luck in learning how to deal with other cars on the road.

As im stuck in the corner of the road for her to go past, another car comes down and is stuck right next to me. We both move off really slowly.

3 minutes later I see a car flashing me constantly, so I stop the car and get out.

He tells me Ive just hit him, I said where? he comes out with a flash light looking on his car and we find a 3cm graze on his bumper, then we look on my car and i see a long line about 10cm on my wheel arch.

I said its nothing i am worse than you but no he says its a company car give me your details. we exchange and I say to him how do you know you didnt hit me and he begins to get a bit aggressive which I ignore and carry on taking photos.

I realised now that I was driving straight and he was turning right so it was him who would of hit me there was another person in the car who was also shocked to hear of this as we would of both at least felt it, I have rung my insurance and reported the incident, as neither party accepts responsibility they said its likely nothing will happen and we both pay for our own.

I wont be reporting it as im happy to go down to halfords for a touch up pen where as this plonker who has nothing compared to me wants to claim on my insurance.

As I was looking at his car i noticed his alloys where scratched like crap! So i mentioned this to him for him to get the idea that hes a crap driver where as my rims where unmarked.

I will update and post some pics soon

cheers

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
:rofl

I like the comments on being a bad driver :hihi

Sorry to hear of your misfortune though :frown

As it was in London surely it would be on CCTV :lol

·
Registered
884 Posts
Unless it's on CCTV, which you'd probably have a real job tracking down anyway, nowt will come of this. He has no witnesses, and the only witness you have is clearly not impartial. Sounds like bump for bump to me.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to be ohnest, im not one of those drivers who want the whole panel resprayed for something that can clearly be sorted with a touch up pen.

Im going to take a few more good quality pics then gna go get a pen and sort it

Im just realising even more how the guy tried to put the blame on me when it was blatantly him.

Btw the car was a vw passat that the other driver was driving, just incase anyone was curious also no cctv :) if it was a bit further down the road then there would have been.

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hi guys

I was involved in an accident today in my 2001 320d

I was driving today down a narrow road in the streets of northwest london.

As I went up this stupid driver was coming from the other side, there are cars parked on either side of the road and there was a gap for her to go into.

However as you know there are some people who are quite stupid or are just plain stubborn and I had to reverse all the way down the road.

As I go back we exchange words and in the end I wish her luck in learning how to deal with other cars on the road.

As im stuck in the corner of the road for her to go past, another car comes down and is stuck right next to me. We both move off really slowly.

3 minutes later I see a car flashing me constantly, so I stop the car and get out.

He tells me Ive just hit him, I said where? he comes out with a flash light looking on his car and we find a 3cm graze on his bumper, then we look on my car and i see a long line about 10cm on my wheel arch.

I said its nothing i am worse than you but no he says its a company car give me your details. we exchange and I say to him how do you know you didnt hit me and he begins to get a bit aggressive which I ignore and carry on taking photos.

I realised now that I was driving straight and he was turning right so it was him who would of hit me there was another person in the car who was also shocked to hear of this as we would of both at least felt it, I have rung my insurance and reported the incident, as neither party accepts responsibility they said its likely nothing will happen and we both pay for our own.

I wont be reporting it as im happy to go down to halfords for a touch up pen where as this plonker who has nothing compared to me wants to claim on my insurance.

As I was looking at his car i noticed his alloys where scratched like crap! So i mentioned this to him for him to get the idea that hes a crap driver where as my rims where unmarked.

I will update and post some pics soon

cheers

Sorry to hear this mate :frown

Sounds a real bad day!!!

Hope you get it sorted ok, Im sure as the insurers say, he wont be able to claim off yours...

UNLESS he conjurs up some 'witnesses' and to that end make sure you have a few yourself..

·
Registered
205 Posts
unlucky m8 its so annoying when sh** laike that happens hope u get it sorted!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks very much for all your comments guys.

I shuda told the guy to f off really, every time i think back I think I shuda gone into my boot taken out my jack and given him one lol

·
Registered
753 Posts
Accidents are never pleasent but at least it was only a minor thing and not a write off. Well done for sticking up to the other person:thumbsup.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as boostist said, its not worth arguing over a car, i was driving today on marlybone road just outside euston station and cars where turning right and only indicated at the last minute, so I tried to get out before the traffic on the left lane caught up, but there was this C**T of a black cab who started hooting so i had to pull back in, then somehow there was a gap and I just floored the throttle and got out. Later up the road the window of the passenger side was down and he tells me "your lucky I have a passenger" I said what? and he repeats himself I laughed and said dont know what your on about mate. Bearing in mind he was what looked to be a 70year old with a big busy GREY beard youd of thought he would of been a bit more curtious on the road unlike me being the youngster. He could of taken his foot of the gas and let me in as I and many other drivers did along that road earlier.

thats another thing, ive noticed that ppl who drive bmw's mercedes or any other "well built german car" (excluding VW :) especially as my thread is against a vw driver) are more courteous and mannered on the road.

Never mind, I guess thats the reason not all are driving a beautifully manufactured work--of art lol :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts