BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys just bought bmw e90

Hey guys just bought bmw e90 2.0d.
Bought a cable from ebay it came with a disc but that disc is not compatible on win 7 x64 bit operational systems, after instaling it irealised i only have 1 disc after istalation 1 time and then it's block by password.
Is there anyone so kind and send me a link to working inpa on x64 bit operational system?
That would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1995 E36 320i righthand drive australian 4 door. Can not read engine info

I have a USB to ODBII cable with an ODB to ADS adapter. Windows 7 64bit.
I can read some of the data from my car, but can not read what I need.
My car has an intermittent starting issue and I can not read any info from the engine.
This car is supposed to have a M52B20 engine.
In INPA I select E36 - Engine - and then I have to chose an engine I've tried all 3 available options for the M52. None of them work. To tell the truth I tried every option offered different errors here and there but no connection to the ECU.

The setup works as I can query the AirBags and engine immobilizer (both listed under "body") and some other stuff.

I need the error logs from the engine, I suspect one of the sensors is faulty causing this VERY annoying engine starting issue that just seems to go away after a random interval of 1 to several hours.

I suspect that INPA configuration is missing something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had this working fine on my little Lenovo laptop - then put an SSD in and reinstalled and can I bugger get it working properly now.
I have all the same files and followed the same method, but all I get is this screen.

It works fine with the later German version, but I can't speak German at all and it's a fairly clunky program to use even in English.
What could I be doing wrong - is this a default version if it doesn't detect the USB?
I've installed/uninstalled/reinstalled different versions of INPA around 20 times. It worked 100% with the same setup previously. argh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got all the software installed and working on Win 7 64 but cannot get the cable drivers to work.

I'm at a complete loss and I'm getting desperate, the device manager states it's a usb port (rather than BMW scanner) and has the yellow warning next to it. I've tried to install and use the FTDI drivers but it still doesn't want to know!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you tried to install the drivers twice, if I remember i had to do this when setting up mine, seemed to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I have installed two versions of INPA, one was a self install version I bought from Ebay and the other a supposedly auto install from Bcables. I have the same problem with both. They connect to my 2006 E60 fine and all functions work but on my E87 2007 LCI model an error appears and I cannot access the engine module. The car has an ME17N45 combination but INPA only has an ME9N45 selection.

The error is:

Requested control unit ME9N45, MEV9N46, MEV9N46L,MEV17N46
Control unit found ME17N45.
Program will be stopped

Can anyone help to get this running? I need to diagnose a VANOS issue.

Many thanks

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
867 Posts
I don't know if anybody still uses this thread, but anyway: does anybody know of a bluetooth driver compatible with INPA etc?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would have said that if you can force the Bluetooth device to use COM1, then there's no reason as to why it shouldn't work.

However, your BT OBDII adapter will need to be compatible (been modified to run) with INPA

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
867 Posts
I would have said that if you can force the Bluetooth device to use COM1, then there's no reason as to why it shouldn't work.

However, your BT OBDII adapter will need to be compatible (been modified to run) with INPA

Thanks for your reply.

The first step should probably be easy enough because BT devices are simply mapped to Win COM ports in software. I don't remember, though, whether COM1 is special and reserved - it has been 15 years since I last did something like this. I gave up on following Win technology after xp :).

Modifying the adaptor is just a pin-out modification, isn't it? If so it probably doesn't involve more than a bit of soldering.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think INPA required a little more than just the two pins to be soldered together, but it's certainly worth trying to start with

181 - 192 of 192 Posts