BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks

Last time I was in London we went to Greenwich and found the amazing food markets outdoors. I've heard a rumour that they were to be shut down or at least significantly reduced...any info on that or are they still goin

·
Registered
45 Posts
They have been either reduced or canned. This was due to all the pubs in the surrounding areas moaning about loss of trade due to people eating the market food instead of going in the pubs.

I think you can buy stuff to take home, coffee, packet stuff etc but no more hot food to nibble on as you wander.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am but London is big isn't it!!! and the last time I was in Greenwich I was hung over as hell and couldn't enjoy the grub.

Thats a pity about the markets....was kinda looking forward to it...

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
I am but London is big isn't it!!! and the last time I was in Greenwich I was hung over as hell and couldn't enjoy the grub.

Thats a pity about the markets....was kinda looking forward to it...
If you like markets, go to Notting Hill or Camden - both a fairly nearby to HP. Not on every day, so depends when you're in London.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Borough market is another option small but open everyday I think. There are others depends what you are going for ...... food I presume :hihi

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Borough market is open everyday but Sunday is still the day when it really explodes with stalls and people

·
Registered
45 Posts
Borough market is the choice if it's food. Amazing stuff, fresh meat, cheeses, deli stuff etc.

Notting Hill is a bit poncey and predominently antiques, art, craft etc

Camden is way too "trendy" for the area as it's a shithole for the most part but if you want to grab punky, gothy clothes and see tattoes and piercings that you wouldn't carry out on a dog then that's your place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts