BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's got my first iphone today after using blackberry's which i like alot but thought id try the iphone out but because i have been using the blackberry trying to get used to this iphone and setting it up well let's just say it's been a long night :lol:lol

So looking forward to some happy iphone day's :lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol:lol I have to say ive never liked touch phone's this is why ive never had a iphone b4 but thought id give it a go and see how it work's for me...

Most off my mate's have been ripping me for moving over to 1 already aswell

Happy day's :lol:lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was always anti iphone but 6 months ago gave in and got a 3gs and now i wouldn't be without it

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was always anti iphone but 6 months ago gave in and got a 3gs and now i wouldn't be without it
Good stuff that's what i got today the 3gs as i dont like the iphone 4 plus the iphone save's me from buying an ipod for my car so can get it all in 1 :thumbsup

·
Registered
88 Posts
me and the mrs both have the iphone 4, plus i have the iphone 3g for work there brill but need to be reset a couple of times cause the either slow down or somet doesnt work

again the same reason i have the iphone for the ipod :thumbsup

·
Banned
4,013 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
lol, iPhone haters make me laugh :)
Me too :hihi
Had mine nearly two years, don't care about the apps sh1t mainly just use it for facebook Internet music and maps. They are just so nice to use and they amaze you each time you discover something else they can do.
Lost count of the amount of blackberrys that have broken on friends (not dropped just died) still on my original iPhone :)

P.S Ferret they have an alarm clock, can set as many as you want.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
to be fair - that picture is inaccurate and misleading..

the iPhone 4 has:
* MMS
* video recording (in 720p)
* video calling (FaceTime allows you to call either another iPhone or Mac computer and is FREE via WiFi, or you can now download Skype and have video calls over WiFi or 3G)
* it doesn't have changeable memory cards (but who needs additional memory with 32 Gb internal???)
* it has a touchscreen (as highlighted - which is currently the HIGHEST resolution screen available on the market)

It's a shame you can't get TomTom (or any other DECENT nav software) on an Android phone you're all stuck with shitty nav programmes and Google Maps - I guess TomTom/Garmin decided to back the best product on the market! :)

found this article interesting: http://www.fonehome.co.uk/2010/07/02/the-10-big-problems-with-android/

Top 10 problems with Android:
* Power Management
* Android Market navigation
* App scene is populated by cheapstakes :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
* The geek factor
* Update hell
* Custom UI headaches
* Fragmentation
* No desktop Android Market
* It’s not built for tablets
* The rivals are playing hardball

The best bit is that there is currently 6 variants of Android:

Which means it causes problems for developers trying to make apps for the product as handset makers are not forcing software updates on handsets.. too bad if you see an app you want but can't run it due to having an older version of Android. The issue comes down Google not currently forcing handset manufacturers to issue device updates, something that will frustrate app developers who will build for the latest version of the OS. Clued up users will also feel the brunt of this when they try to get their hands on some new app that’s out there and discover they’re unable to use it because they haven’t got access to the latest version of the OS – and little they can do about it.

so lets no kid ourself that Android phones are flawless... and at least we can download apps!!!! PMSL:

http://www.google.co.uk/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=3429edcf82450530&hl=en

User privacy also seems to be an issue:

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/09/30/taintdroid-android-gps-security/

1 - 20 of 67 Posts