BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading a variety of comments on UK and US forums about much poorer ride/steering with 18" wheels without VDC, compared to standard 17" wheels.

Do you have any personal experiences? Particularly anyone who has had delivery in the last couple of months, as I believe there were some software changes compared to the first cars which may have made a difference. I don't want to give up some other good options to add VDC just to make the car drive like it should!

I am considering whether to upgrade my order to 18" and have only had a test drive, which is hard to judge in an unfamiliar car. I think the normal 17s are a bit small for the car, and I'm not going to be able to change them later.

I want to be sure because I need to live with the car for 3 years.

Any experiences really appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
Currently E60 520d M Sport but not for much longer!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't have personal experience of the effectiveness of VDC but I have seen dramatic price differences in nearly new F11s with or without it.

Personally I wouldn't touch a car with 19's without it. Might be worth checking the profile on 18s of the F10, if it's more generous than the 45 profile of E60 sport wheels then this combined with non-sport suspension should offer a ride no worse than you currently have.

Cheers
Rory

1 - 3 of 3 Posts