BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all well this morning i got a flat tyre so i pulled over to get the spare out.As i pulled the carpet back all i saw was a swimming pool with my spare in lol.Must of had a good 10 inch deep of water so after draning that out and puttin the new wheel on i went back home to find out where the water was going from.After about an hour of looking for holes etc it started raining then thats when i found out where it was coming from.The water was coming off from the rear screen down by the but then behide the rear light and nothing so looked in side the boot and it was coming thoug on one of the holes that the bulb holder goes thoug so i then ended up sealing up the outside of the light so job done.Now all thats left to do is dry the boot out and then grind the old crap away then stone chip it again

·
Registered
416 Posts
Twist of Fate mate, :thumbsup

Bet you're glad you found it now and got it sorted :hihi

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah mate was well shocked when i saw it tho lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
:lol could you not hear it swishing about? you could've popped down the pet shop and got a couple of goldys, Fish tank on wheels!! ;)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No as i have the music on loud lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got a flat this morning... except it cant be repaired :frown A pothole has bent, twisted and cracked one of my wheels, and un-repairable :mad Thats the second time in 11 months i have ended up with a f**ked wheel from our 'Roads' :mad Local council dont want to know about it either... Same as last time. Only problem is, this time i cant afford to replace wheels/tyres...As i have to pay my road tax this month. What a f**king joke! Pay £200+ to keep my car on the road..yet all that does is break bits of it! AAAARGH

·
Platinum BFuk Member
244 Posts
OP,

how did you drain the water out ?
should have tried the topgear way, shot a bullet through it! :hihi

i thought you were going to say when you pulled the carpet back the spare was flat too!! thank god it weren't

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Three words:
Drain Hole

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drain hole then when empty used some old rags to get the last of it up

·
Platinum BFuk Member
20 Posts
I had my Saab for over a year before I got a puncture, when I took my spare out I found a paper bag underneath with 3 pairs of knickers in it :jaw-dropping

1 - 14 of 14 Posts