BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right my good idea is so have a raffle, the tickets would be quiet pricey but when enough tickets were sold the unlucky winner would win Ralphs vert and Ralph would pocket the ticket money.

Got to work out the verts value and then how many tickets and how much for the tickets, the draw could be at Gaydon or Santa Pod and drawn by the Bimmerforums totty.

Make the total ticket sales a percentage more than the cars value and this would go to running the forum.

Just an idea.

·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a superb idea! Make the tickets £25 each or something then 100 tickets later and bingo I'm sure some may buy more that one! Hmmm might buy four myself at that price!
There is enough members on here to make it work, and enough members who would love to have his vert but may not be able to afford to buy it :thumbsup

·
1,133 Posts
Damn right but that also means ralf has to take it of sale becouse if it was going to work the money would have to be gave up front! Otherwise all the money wouldn't be collected at the end.... And if it sold after people gave there money then that would just suck
All the money should be kept by ralph, his a trusted member on here, and the amount of work his done for the forum, everyone on here can trust him :thumbsup

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Aw man, I don't want to p*ss on anyone's bonfire, but the running of a raffle comes under all sorts of bureacracy when it's open to the public as this one would be with such a high value ticket. All for it, but just want to let you know there are all sorts of safeguards that need putting in place.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Aw man, I don't want to p*ss on anyone's bonfire, but the running of a raffle comes under all sorts of bureacracy when it's open to the public as this one would be with such a high value ticket. All for it, but just want to let you know there are all sorts of safeguards that need putting in place.
dam, you just beat me to it:lol
its some thing to do with generating alot more money than its worth, and then the tax man gets annoyed or some thing like that i believe

·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WTF
Starter for ten:hihi:hihi

need £2100.00

so thats 420 tickets at £5 i am down with that, but if it dont reach the end total i keep all the money:hihi:hihi:hihi:hihi
210 ticket at a tenner each plus an extra 40 tickets for the forum, so 250 tickets.

Pay all the tickets into Bimmerforums Paypal account and the money is held by the forum and given to Ralph when the car is drawn.

You pay paypal and a ticket is logged on the forum against your name, if the ticket sells quickly we could have a mini meet like at the Ace cafe with the Bimmerforums totty drawing the winning ticket.

Ralph just has to make sure it is MOTd and TAXd for the winner to drive it home if they are there.

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
Yeh we need to see the draw at a national meet and need to c the tickets been put into the box etc so ther can be no favoritism and everyone who buys a ticket needs to leave a email and number incase they leave the forum and everyone who enters needs to be a member of the forum and then need to pay whoever is holding the money and they need to add them to the list and the person who has payed needs to like it so they can't complain they bought more tickets etc

·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
isn't it against some sort of law to do that though?
i offered my car for an auction a couple of years ago and got told i wasn't allowed to do it, so never did.
Driving fast is also against the law, but some people on here do it all the time :hihi

1 - 20 of 67 Posts