BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

Been lurking around for a while, but figured it was about time I came out of the shadows and said hello to you all!

So, I'm a UK bod who is playing in Rome, Italy for the moment with work and has just parted ways with my very treasured LHD Audi TT Coupe (who has served me well for the last 4yrs) and has made the unexplainable leap to a RHD 2001 4.4 Sport X5.....

No idea why I made the change, what possessed or why it happened - OK, I was looking to change the TT, but I didn't think so far from the status quo (as it was), but after a week of ownership and already some annoyance such as the intermittent PDC sensors (now dead), dodgy battery (now replaced), rusty wing mirror glass (working on it), etc etc etc, all seems well in the X5 camp (if you consider the issues with the TT within the same time frame of ownership!)

Thus far, the forum has helped out with a few pointers and things and has helped out with issues I have already come across, but I ma sure in time I will be on here with glitches that bug my happiness that will have been covered, so I shall apologise now in advance when I repeat posts!

Thanks in advance for your patience and I shall try not to be an annoying....

Christian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello All and thank you for the greetings!

Piccies will follow on when it has had a bit of TLC - I promise!

I have to make a confession - the username is carried over from the TT I had (which was black on black on black with a bit of black thrown in) and I couldn't think of a new name! The X5 is Blue with grey interior!

As for being different to the TT - it really is a world apart (obviously) and the wife is still not sure I have done the right thing - but she will learn!

I'm sure I will be posting soon as I tend to develop paranoia about things when I have a new car - probably things that are covered if I take the time to look, so I apologise in advance for re-posting the same topics until I find my way round the forum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts