BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Goldbcfc's Z4 3.0l roadster project

3K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  goldbcfc 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking forward to some track and sprint days. There isn't really much I can do to modify things, maybe fit a custom front bumper and wrap the car to change the colour. Came with black bonnet grille, short stubby aerial, lowered on b12 setup Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks, all black aftermarket headlamp conversion with HID projectors, upgraded front and rear drilled brake disc, recent gearbox,dif and engine oil changes etc, new tyres, new roof motor and upgrade stainless exhaust makes it sound like a V8.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Starting to really like the feel of the Z4 such great handling the grip this thing has in the corners is quite suprising for a RWD car. You just throw the front end round and the rear follows it just gives you great confidence. Had a good day down at Curburough sprint course if only it had LSD.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
Went down Shakespeare country raceway put in a time of 14.7s for 1/4 mile. Not bad I thought considering I'd switched back to my heavier 19" beyern alloys from the lighter all black 18" beyern alloys. I just couldn't be bothered to swap them back over the night before. Next time im looking to break into 13s territory with some better starts, less wheel spin and better launch etc

roll on summer

Attachments

#6 ·
loving it

Attachments

#12 ·
My e46 handled well they had upgraded suspension too one had eibach the other had adjustable coilovers. The Z4 feels like it was built to be a drivers car I wouldn't say that of any of my 3 e46's their more a cruisers car. I'm so glad I didn't buy a big heavy 645i V8 now to replace my e46 330ci convertible always knew it made sense getting the same engine but in a lighter car....more fun, faster & better handling.

#14 · (Edited)
I don't have a Z3 its a e85 3.0i Z4 but yeah I read the Z3 had issues with chassis/suspension/sub frame problems only the Z3M is worth mentioning really. The Z4 suspension was actually 2 generations later than the Z3 with better reviews no sub frame issues and stronger chassis. Says in the buyers guide reviews they handle maybe too well it can take away fun of any old style tail happy BMW experience. Which is fine by me as I never drive tail out. It gives me more confidence to happily know the car will go where I want it too. Its lightweight, has real fast acceleration, quick precise steering and sticks to the road like glue.

Wiki "The Z4's design addressed many criticisms of the preceding Z3; the Z4 is larger, and has a significantly stiffer chassis. The Z4 features a strut type front suspension like its predecessor. The rear suspension, however is considerably different from that of the Z3, which was based on that of the E30 BMW 3 Series. Instead of a semi-trailing arm suspension, the Z4 uses a more advanced multi-link suspension.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Z4_(E85)

Reactions: payno
#15 · (Edited)
Lucky for me I live 10 minutes from the city and 10 minutes from the countryside cant complain really.......Clent Hills

Attachments

#16 ·
1st road trip in the Z4 around the Evo triangle and down towards Llanberis great roads in Wales

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.