BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm stock piling old BMW diesels!
Well Ive had my old Volvo since 2010 still going strong, and now i ve got E60 as well so neither will be doing much mileage (5-6k each max), so hoping they could last me till the reaper calls LMAO with luck.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Well Ive had my old Volvo since 2010 still going strong, and now i ve got E60 as well so neither will be doing much mileage (5-6k each max), so hoping they could last me till the reaper calls LMAO with luck.
You and me both mate! I seem to accumulate them - never getting round to selling the previous ones, so I can now say that I've got M57 3.0d units in pretty much every state of tune since they came out (184, 218, and 284). Hopefully the old crew will keep me smoking about for a while (literally the cases of the 184, and 218 which got in before DPFs ;)).

Love an old Volvo - had a V70 T5 estate back in the late 1990s which was an absolute weapon :cool:.

·
Read Only
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep I had S70R back in 90s, so much quicker than the numbers suggested. Fitted a hybrid turbo and gave a few expensive fast cars a shock. One German Gent SL55 AMG on a trip down to Marsielle, said he was going to buy one, when we pulled into same services after 2 hours of running together. :);)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Previous V70 t5 owner here,what a car,reliably took me back and forth to France for many years,tremendous performace that would put many so called performance cars to shame.
Would have this car now if it wasnt for a negligent MOT station that replaceced bottom suspension arms and balljoints by using an air hammer to locate said ball joints instead of using a press.(stripped threads on hub carrier ! ).
Result ,total collapse of drivers side suspension whilst en route to London after rapid driving on M4.
Car was written off by insurance company and negligent garage proprietors insurance paid out.
Lucky to be alive.
Would have normally carried out this job myself but it was winter and lack of garage caused me to allow local MOT station to carry out work.
Needed a good replacement and bought the E90 330d.
What a great car even considering numerous niggles, worse being a comfort access door handle fault which completely flattened the battery causing locked steering/non start and corruption of CAS module.
The torque of 500 nm is addictive ,it just pulls and pulls.
Ok a Tesla might be ok but the rest are a waste of time and besides what idiot thinks we are all going to be able to re-charge our wonderful electric cars simultainiously when the batteries gets low.
This will need vast infrastructure planning considering number of vehicles on UK roads.

·
Read Only
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Previous V70 t5 owner here,what a car,reliably took me back and forth to France for many years,tremendous performace that would put many so called performance cars to shame.
Would have this car now if it wasnt for a negligent MOT station that replaceced bottom suspension arms and balljoints by using an air hammer to locate said ball joints instead of using a press.(stripped threads on hub carrier ! ).
Result ,total collapse of drivers side suspension whilst en route to London after rapid driving on M4.
Car was written off by insurance company and negligent garage proprietors insurance paid out.
Lucky to be alive.
Would have normally carried out this job myself but it was winter and lack of garage caused me to allow local MOT station to carry out work.
Needed a good replacement and bought the E90 330d.
What a great car even considering numerous niggles, worse being a comfort access door handle fault which completely flattened the battery causing locked steering/non start and corruption of CAS module.
The torque of 500 nm is addictive ,it just pulls and pulls.
Ok a Tesla might be ok but the rest are a waste of time and besides what idiot thinks we are all going to be able to re-charge our wonderful electric cars simultainiously when the batteries gets low.
This will need vast infrastructure planning considering number of vehicles on UK roads.
Good job it was a Volvo, at least you had good protection in accident. There are some Ahole garages out there, all to save time.
I am not falling for any of the Electric BS, in my opinion it is simply to trick/con folk into buying new and useless cars, so that they spend there hard earned ££, and keep the Crazy Train Rolling. They the Governments poohed in their own nests when they made manufacturers make way better cars in late 80s/90s etc and it stopped us changing cars so often, its the second most expensive thing us working folk buy (Anyone with less than 10 Million in Bank), and the system relies on us spending our £££ not keeping it safe in the Bank but being in Debt too the Bastards.
Am not going to say much more as I ve done this before and am sure I will upset someone unintentionally, as I am anti the way it is, am for the people not the ruling elite, and I will leave it at that as an Ex Soldier.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No worries,Respect to you as a retired protector of our freedom from Looney tunes,Jihadis and Cave dwellers.

Ex cold war comms.

·
Read Only
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No worries,Respect to you as a retired protector of our freedom from Looney tunes,Jihadis and Cave dwellers.

Ex cold war comms.
Thanks.
But after serving in the Legion Etrangere ALL over the World I didnt fight for Freedom thats the propaganda machine that says that, I fought to keep the rich, rich, and we the average joe down in his place. POOR & IN HIS PLACE not PALACE
Always remember one mans Terrorrist is another Mans Freedom Fighter.
Thats what too many years at war taught me
BUT enough of that lets keep to BHP:D:D;):cool::cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go and watch this, it was not news to me, but am sure some of you will get a bloody BIG shock at the information in this programme, especially if your an Eco Warrior.

That is a serious bit of tripe. I have owned an EV for ten years and it is an excellent car (though the range has fallen about 30%)

It is a mishmash of mongering that suggests EVs and hybrids are the same to make them seem unusable and abhorrent. Yet for some reason the EV makers simply cannot make enough cars to meet demand.

The battle is over. This is silliness.

We can't keep burning petrol or we die. Put your big boy pants on and stop indulging your petty selfish fantasies. In all likelihood, btw, we will end up with many many fewer cars. Not because we don't want them or love the vroom vroom, but because otherwise we will have to allow more of the hated immigrants in because their entire countries have been torched from the earth.

·
Read Only
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That is a serious bit of tripe. I have owned an EV for ten years and it is an excellent car (though the range has fallen about 30%)

It is a mishmash of mongering that suggests EVs and hybrids are the same to make them seem unusable and abhorrent. Yet for some reason the EV makers simply cannot make enough cars to meet demand.

The battle is over. This is silliness.

We can't keep burning petrol or we die. Put your big boy pants on and stop indulging your petty selfish fantasies. In all likelihood, btw, we will end up with many many fewer cars. Not because we don't want them or love the vroom vroom, but because otherwise we will have to allow more of the hated immigrants in because their entire countries have been torched from the earth.
Sorry your a Mushroom, kept in the dark and fed on Shit, believe what your told to believe MUPPET.
I have just seen which country your in/from, talk about BS.
There is a way Better answer than the tripe your vommitting. STOP THE MINDLESS BREEDING OF THE HUMAN RACE, IT IS NOT A RIGHT, I chose not too, it aint what we do its how much we do it.
Silliness is it, lets blow capitalism up and start with your shithole country, who creates more wars, pollution than any other. Look at the crap created by the batteries in your EVs, next thing the US will be invading the countries with Lithium and Nickel and Cobalt, Oh it already is trying to do that with its political CIA backed coups look at Peru, Colombia.and various operations in Africa
I met your countries Political Advisors, whilst serving in the Legion Etrangere, in 1st Gulf, Yugoslavia, and various African Countries PONDLIFE SCUM
I would say wake up and smell the coffee, but that requires independent thinking abilities, not something I associate with your vile homeland.
Go away and dont annoy me yank, you probably go to church and believe in God. Hypocrit.
Oh and if you do reply, I am anti western facism/democracy am no flag waving Monkey.
And its countries like yours that have more too fear from global warming, it was and will go underwater again. We are at worst speeding global warming up, we are not the cause. This planet goes through a warming and cooling cycle I think its approx a 120,000 year event, so go suck it, try reading.
And by the way, immigrants no issue for me, I have no problem with the free movement of people across the globe, only poorly educated scum do that or greedy selfish racist arseholes, by the way its arse not ass, thats a type of animal, and I was Anti Brexit also FOOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts