BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

gggrrrrrrr bloody E39 Headlights

Tags
gggrrrrrrr
1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  RJB328i 
#1 ·
My car came with orange indicator, pre facelift xenons. I bought smoked lenses to get rid of the orange and as the adjustors were broke i got some new ones. Just went to change all the bits over and my OS headlight xenon bulb bracket has broken, causing the bulb to fall out and fuse itself to the unit and melt through all the wiring!
So i now have a brand new set of E39 lenses to return, adjustors that are no good to me and a broken headlight which i have to replace! B******S!!

#7 ·
Cheers mate. I needed a set for tonight so have had to go out and buy a set. Awful awful angel eye jobbies and I hate them already. Had to buy hid kits too and the only ones I could get were 6000k which aren't anywhere near as bright as standard ones. That's loads of money I didn't think I'd have to spend. ggggrrrrr

#8 ·
What a pain in ass mate its always somthing small and simple that turns into a more time and effort and in your case more cash. hope you sort it tho.

#9 ·
previous owner had bodged an install. The car came with OEM xenons. A bulb had obviously gone at some point so he replaced that side with an aftermarket kit and cable-tied the bulb in without a proper holder. so one side was oem the other aftermarket. I didnt even notice when i bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.