BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am getting new tyres put on my 330D F30 - NON X-Drive

On the front axle - I am having Eagle F1 - These are run flats.
On the rear axle - I am having Pilot Sport 4S - These are NON run flats.

Will this mix of run flats on the front and non run flats on the back have an affect on handling?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
IMHO - No

You'll have quality front and rear - I'd rather have that than quality on one axle and ditchfinders on the other regardless of runflat/non runflat mix

Stick to the tyre pressures on the door pillar and crack on!

Or sell the Eagle F1 as part worn on eBay - I presume there's a good bit of tread on them otherwise you'd be changing all 4 wouldn't you? ;)

PS4S are the absolute nuts of a tyre! you'll forget what the traction control light looks like!

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.

I am getting all 4 changed.
But the place that I am getting the tyres from only has run flats for the 225/40/R19/89Y front tyres.
The rears I get a choice. (255/35/R19/92Y)
The only reason I am getting them from this place is because of a heavy discount. All brand new.

In summary @ Forsh, the mix of tyres will not have any affect on the handling etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I was spending on all 4 I'd want them matching

How about something like Continental Conti Sport Contact 6?

:)
I am trying to move away from run flats. Had a new tyre put on 2 months ago, all Eagle F1's, the rear has a nasty blister on the side wall.

The place I am getting them from, for the rears I have selected the PS4S - I had choice from 3 tyres and these were the best non run flats.

The front however, I have a choice of 4 - but ALL of them are run flats.
Seeing as I have Eagle F1's on the front currently - wise decision to keep that one the same, and use the existing as spares in the event of of puncture.

Thus the heavy discount on the cost if I take 4 new tyres and because they didn't have the PS4S for the fronts.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Same, changed an axle at a time to Michelins, when able to - when non Michelins needed changing just had Michys on.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
run flats are really poor,my dunlop fronts and eagle as3 rear were shite,,went with blacklion bu66,,loads have these on there 640d on facebook forums,,and i have to say,,for a cheap tyre they are great,not quite uniroyal great but good,i was sceptical,but have even 4 ready to go on my e90 330d also

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I would stick to uniroyals for the extra tenner a tyre rasa golf that's a big car for that sort of budget tyre well for me anyway.
That was on a pair of 225-45-17 i looked at (front's on my 320d).

·
Registered
M sport 335i lci
45 Posts
I would stick to uniroyals for the extra tenner a tyre rasa golf that's a big car for that sort of budget tyre well for me anyway.
That was on a pair of 225-45-17 i looked at (front's on my 320d).
I have conti sport contact 6 run flats all round, however after spraying up my callipers over the weekend noticed the rears are getting low, ive only had them 18 months & probs only covered 1k, good tyres but they dont last long, i think when i change em will go for non run flats

1 - 10 of 10 Posts