BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I know I bang on about this, must be my sales background, but NEGOTIATE on everything.

I do with my BMW dealer and always get a discount, but had to take my wife's Golf GTi in for a 'Big' service this morning, quoted £320 on the menu, negotiated down to £250. We all work too hard to give away £70 for the fear of reciving the 'No' answer.

Make them work hard for your custom :)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Too right!
I'll try and negotiate on everything bar food shopping as the worst that can happen is they say no like you say.
I think it's a british mentality of not wanting to sound cheap.

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
i went in our sainsburys the other day which was closing that night to open a bigger one and demolish the old one.. i loitered round the fresh bargins bit while bodys brought stuff and a dude stuck bargin price labels on them,it was shocking £6 boxes of cheeses selection 15p,boxes of cakes 20p,fresh aberdeen angus steak mince 30p etc etc:jaw-dropping..

i stood there an hour hoovering it all up for buttons then went the till with my booty and the "coupe de grace" i then whipped out a £5 voucher out that they had sent me in the post and paid for it all minus another £5..

spent under a fiver in the end for a trolly full of bargins and shopping..

:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
rated!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Guys, I know I bang on about this, must be my sales background, but NEGOTIATE on everything.

I do with my BMW dealer and always get a discount, but had to take my wife's Golf GTi in for a 'Big' service this morning, quoted £320 on the menu, negotiated down to £250. We all work too hard to give away £70 for the fear of reciving the 'No' answer.

Make them work hard for your custom :)
So you go into dealer, bloke says £320 ta, what do you say to suddenly get £70 off? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in being "educated" here.... That's not to say I am hopeless at bargaining - far from it as I've had some cracking deals in my time - but suddenly knocking £70 off a service price with a few words seems a bit far-fetched to me, unless the bloke fancied you. :jaw-dropping

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just started along the lines of 'that's a lot of money', asked for a breakdown in costs, questioned if they could do trade on the parts, said the oil was expensive and what was the best they could do, I expected £50 off so it was a good day in that respect. Just keep questioning is my view.

...BTW, it was a bird, late 20's blonde, and I am mid 40's and plump with a small wang :hihi

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
I just started along the lines of 'that's a lot of money', asked for a breakdown in costs, questioned if they could do trade on the parts, said the oil was expensive and what was the best they could do, I expected £50 off so it was a good day in that respect. Just keep questioning is my view.

...BTW, it was a bird, late 20's blonde, and I am mid 40's and plump with a small wang :hihi
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Don't look a day over 50 mate:silly

P.S Good tip though Mark, cracking deal you got there mate...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts