BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Is the seal 30 x 50 x 7 ?

if it is then 23128677738 MIGHT?? Be the same, look at another model with a similar gearbox and there are lists of superseded numbers ie. 23121228328 or 23117564680.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Really dont know seal size. Have not removed gearbox yet. I thought collecting parts first before fixing...

·
Registered
858 Posts
That is what I mean, I have No idea why?

But if you look under e46 320ci I think? It is m54 and looks like it has the same gearbox.

Put the number in the search box and look down the list for an e46 with m54 and click on it, the pics look the same to your original link.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Put the number in google with seal after it costs about 4.40 pounds, I have no idea what item 30 is but you will not get one from BMW, there are no gearboxes that list that part:unsure:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks but number 10 is metal washer ....... I can't see any input seal for shaft....in diagram. Strange....

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, yes i see o well I think I will give up. Maybe my gearbox don't have a input seal..... I don't believe BMW make a special gearbox only for 325TI....:cautious:

·
Registered
858 Posts
If you put your original seal that you asked about and put the pics from both links, is that not the seal that marries up with the end of the shaft?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I think that is just a washer for input bearing, so maybe that acts like a seal. If so I don't have to replace, while this not really a wear item like real rubber seal.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The seal wouldn't be part 4, 11 or 12 in this would it?
I guess it's a different car and year, but you don't say what yours actually is .. ;)

From real OEM Have you tried putting your VIN in?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts