BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Some may already know that I work in Birmingham but live in Wolverhampton and at rush hour, that's a crappy commute, I'm sure that we're not on our own, there will be plently of bad commutes, this one is a 20 mile trip for me that takes well over an hour in rush hour... well (put's on the Jeremy Clarkson voice) ... Not for long (smug grin :D)

The lease is up on our office in Brum on March 4th and my mates Dad has been struggling to rent his office in Wolverhampton for a while so I've managed to get a deal for 3 x the space that we're in at the moment for the same money that we pay, basically we're in 550 sq ft at present and we pay £700 pcm, with one measly parking spot. This is soon to become 1600 sqft at the same money with lower rates and 7 parking spaces.

The new place is a gorgeous listed building with stain glass windows and all that stuff. :cool

Plus there's the saving on fuel for me as it's less the 3 miles up the road from where I live and it means that I don't keep putting non fun miles on the car, that's unnecessary depreciation and wear in my opinion.

On top of all this we're getting 3 months rent free too so I'm pretty chuffed at the moment.

Just thought I'd share :thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Nice one mate!

I live really close to my work too, which means my V8 averaging 16mpg gets me 8 trips to work for a single gallon! Bargin! :thumbsup

Whatever it costs at the weekend is 'fun mileage', so I don't care. :hihi

Reactions: Lewy_T

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a result and a half, good work Lewy, :thumbsup
Cheers Ronnie, well chuffed mate, that's a good £250 saved on fuel every month too, the Mrs'll have me put that towards the impending wedding (2012)which is fair enough I s'pose :shifty:

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one mate!

I live really close to my work too, which means my V8 averaging 16mpg gets me 8 trips to work for a single gallon! Bargin! :thumbsup

Whatever it costs at the weekend is 'fun mileage', so I don't care. :hihi
With you 100%, more than happy to burn as much fuel as poss when it's fun, just begrudge it when I'm sat behind some nob on the motorway on his or her phone at 5 MPH (usually an Audi :lol)

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Short drive is no good for the 6 mate :hihi
I was thinking along those lines as well Neal, but I think I'd still give it enough of a blast hopefully to keep it happy.

Not being very up on this, would you recommend a good way to look after the car now the miles are going to be cut down (until the weekend of course :thumbsup)

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
147 Posts
If doing lots of short journeys ive always been told to reduce the mileage between oil changes as you will get more condensation when the cars not really up to a decent temp before being shut off again.

The other alternative is to find a 10 mile b road blast route to and from the new office. No fuel saving but more fun driving.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Helluva of a result :thumbsup

My dad and his business partner managed to get hold of a huge area of land and warehouse that was up for just over £1million last year for under £500k a couple of months ago.

Good luck with the new premises :cool

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Result Lewy!! Fair play mate :Cool:thumbsup

Now you can afford to run a M6 ;)
haha, funnily enough I did make a call to the finance company about if I wanted to transfer to another car (with an M6 in mind) and they agreed that I could do it with no real penalties so it could be on the cards come the summer.

Still loads of fun to be had with mine first thought! :thumbsup

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Thats a win win for you Lewy, all you need now is to sub let the extra space for say £700 pcm and you're really laughing :rofl

M6 ........mmmmm nice upgrade :cool

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats a win win for you Lewy, all you need now is to sub let the extra space for say £700 pcm and you're really laughing :rofl

M6 ........mmmmm nice upgrade :cool
We're on the same page there :thumbsup I got the landlord to agree to subletting just in case but I'm thinking a pool table would be much more practical :lol

·
Platinum BFuk Member
244 Posts
With the best part of 1000 sq ft thats gonna be one big 'kin pool table :eek
its either an elephant compatible pool table

or a swimming pool & a table :hihi

but lewy thats a fantastic deal you pulled off :thumbsup

Reactions: Lewy_T
1 - 17 of 17 Posts