BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does anyone have a clue what is going on with this error. It's the third time the half engine light has been on in the last month.

Turning the car off and back on seems to get rid of the half engine light.
Car runs fine, no rough idle, no long crank.
2 weeks later the same thing.
And again today.

inpa shows 29f2 - Fuel pressure too high
inpa shows both occurrences of this code to be at idle (704rpm)
inpa shows the pressure to have been 183000hPa the first time and 182000 hPa the second time
inpa shows the pwa signal of the quality control valve to have been 14% and 15% (not sure what this means)

Does anyone have any advice on what the issue could be or an explanation of the INPA details. Thee are no other symptoms. Thanks

BMW E93 2007 325i UK 60k miles
Its running the last version injectors and has had the coil recall.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Sounds like a sensor might be misreporting.
Would be tempted to visit a local bmw independent rather than bmw dealer though, better by far at diagnostics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Presumably the sensor in question is the High pressure sensor. Does the rail pressure value that inpa reports come from this sensor?
Because as far as I can tell, the snapshot in inpa taken from when the half engine light came on (29f2) has the correct pressure for idle of 182k hpa. Which would suggest that the sensor was in fact working ok at the time. Also, there is a separate code for sensor implausibility which I don't have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts