BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 320d has gone 30k and 2 years so time for a fuel filter change apparently. How difficult is this? Do i need to bleed the fuel system? How do you do that?

·
Forum Chatbot
2,502 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I replace all my filters every year - oil, air, fuel and cabin. Oil is also changed every year which works out around every 8k.
For the sake of a few quid I see as as good practice and should help keep the car in good condition and prolong the engine life.
Some of you will probably think I'm mad, but hey ho each to their own.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
So my 320d has gone 30k and 2 years so time for a fuel filter change apparently. How difficult is this? Do i need to bleed the fuel system? How do you do that?
It's carried out at every third service (19k x 3 = 57K miles). I would replace it around 45k-50k unless you drive the car regularly on reserve. TIS doesn't mention purging procedure for your model, however on past models you would leave the ign in on postion (no cranking / no start) for 1 minute and then start the car.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e90-320d-lim/repair-manuals/13-fuel-preparation-control/13-32-fuel-filter/Hg60hWc

Mahle is oem filter.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The diesel cars have a filter under car approximately below the front seats, it's easy to change.

A while back my car was going into limp mode and logging a low rail pressure fault code all caused by this filter.

Looking back through the history it had apparently had two filter changes in its life, however it looked like the original factory clips to me suggesting that it had never been changed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts