BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Took the plunge and bought a 320d automatic tourer 06 reg last week and so far i'm generally very pleased with it except the fuel consumption. I keep reading peoples reviews on the excellent fuel consumption this model returns but i don't seem to be attaining anything like the figures being quoted.
I travel approx. 50 miles a day,half motorway (average speed 75) and half "A" roads (average speed 60) but my average fuel consumption as per car computer is just 37 mpg. This seems very poor to me or am i being unrealistic?
Any comments would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
217 Posts
What with the engine spec and being a tourer (do you cart much stuff around day to day?) I'd say that's not too bad.

What's your driving style? :thumbsup

Better than the 33 MPG in my petrol 523. :lol

·
Banned
478 Posts
seems about right to me...

Remember, being an auto, you will lose a few MPG....

Reactions: Ian S

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It hasn't really started to earn its keep yet (being gentle with it) so no i'm not carrying anything in it at the moment. I might be a little hard on the accelerator at traffic lights etc. so maybe i might need to be a bit more gentle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,
Took the plunge and bought a 320d automatic tourer 06 reg last week and so far i'm generally very pleased with it except the fuel consumption. I keep reading peoples reviews on the excellent fuel consumption this model returns but i don't seem to be attaining anything like the figures being quoted.
I travel approx. 50 miles a day,half motorway (average speed 75) and half "A" roads (average speed 60) but my average fuel consumption as per car computer is just 37 mpg. This seems very poor to me or am i being unrealistic?
Any comments would be very much appreciated.
Also using cruise control can decrease MPG. I previously owned a Renault Sport which averaged about 33 mpg. However I was curious how much improvement I could make if I drove stupidly careful. I found out during 120 mile trip whilst heading for Bristol Airport using the motorway and some 'A' roads. I literally feathered the accelerator throughout the entire trip driving at a steady speed & managed to obtain 44 mpg. It really has a drastic effect being heavy on throttle not that I worry about it especially when I get the new beast in 3 weeks time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.