BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the tutorials there is a screw for the housing that is in the way. There should be 2 torx screws apparently but I think mines been off before as the lower part is broken. For the top 'hidden' screw I cannot access I have phoetus hands and a nano torx driver. How the hell does anyone access this??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On one tutorial the guy took the top screw out behind this housing (which is accessible) but then found it was meant to be the lower screw which I directly behind this.

·
Super Moderator
5,898 Posts
First remove that heater flap motor.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well done bro. This was one of the first things I did when I got my 46. It should be a 20 minute job but it took me about 3 hours because of that one Torx screw you can barely get at.

I think the issue being that the steering collum etc is located on the right, whereas European cars have their steering collum on the left. If it was a European car the FSR would be a great deal easier to get at. I must've smacked my head and my hand about 100 times when doing this job.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol, once I realised there was a little channel leading to the screw I put the socket with torx bit inside and just ran it forward till it located the screw. So I done it blind. If I was to do it all again it wouldn't take long 'in theory'.

·
Super Moderator
5,898 Posts
Whats the radio control for in your pic,im a nosy git lol?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No idea, so long ago now. Sold the car last year.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whats the radio control for in your pic,im a nosy git lol?

Forum record for late reply?? I'm on the dark side now dubdub

Anyhow the Radio is because I flew RC helicopters for 10 years. No longer fly them now. Still have them though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts