BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.Decided to upgrade front speakers on my bmw as passenger's side speaker stopped working,so got myself coaxial 3 way alpines.Once installed you can feel them working but very very quite.Went through settings on aftermarket radio,thinking might be fader settings,but everything seems ok.Also disconnected front tweeters as one of them(one of them was dead anyway).

So what may cause front woofers being so quiet?Tia

·
Registered
608 Posts
I cannot speak much about installing coaxial speakers as mine (323ci, 1999) has components. How did you connect yours? You might need to check the phasing (positive and negative connections to the speakers) and make sure the cables are connected the right way.

From what I remember, the speaker cables from the car with the brown stripe (e.g. blue cable with a brown stripe on the left side of the car) are usually negative.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cannot speak much about installing coaxial speakers as mine (323ci, 1999) has components. How did you connect yours? You might need to check the phasing (positive and negative connections to the speakers) and make sure the cables are connected the right way.

From what I remember, the speaker cables from the car with the brown stripe (e.g. blue cable with a brown stripe on the left side of the car) are usually negative.
The wires were red/white and yellow/white,so connected speaker wires assuming r/w is + and y/w is -.I might be wrong.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not sure how much difference it would make but would a coaxial be the correct impedence? If stock are 2 ohm and the ones you fitted are 4 ohm then this could be your problem. Or I could be way off the mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts