BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it’s the drop link, sounds like a chatter noise over uneven road, that’s every road haha, also pedal vibration at higher speeds when braking, motorway etc, I did do getting car back on road replace control arm and bush on drivers side where noise is coming from, d bushes and passenger drop link, both side track rods also but reused old drop link due to none in stock and being mot’ed that day, so before go investigate, do the symptoms sound right and where else should I look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
i had exactly the same,,had it on shaker plates and 2 garages,,couldnt find anything,,anyway few weeks later my front drivers side spring collapsed,,,so 2 new suplex springs,,also i had already ..control arms/radius arms and drop links,which i bought ages ago(febi) also discs/pads all round..so got all fitted together,,car now as sweet as a nut,,i hated the chatter,,almost sounded like plastic,,and the wobble when braking from slower speeds,,,i put the slower speed wobble down to control arms and the chatter the spring,,sometimes hard to see where the spring has broken

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought initially perhaps steering knuckle, still could be, typical when looked at prices, mines the £120 one not £40 one! Hopefully is droplink as far cheeped, it’s embarrassing to drive with passengers in the car

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As for spring, it had snapped while parked but replaced that too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts