BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

friends buying a 320d estate, things to look out for?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SlowTech 
#1 ·
Hi all,
posting for a friend,

there looking to buy a e46 320d estate.

What are the main things to look out for?
Tthe model they are looking to get will be proberbly a 2002 model. Ive heard things about the swirl flaps on these braking on the new bmw diesels...would it apply to this model to? also heard the turbos dont last that long either?

Im an e36 nut but i understand the e46's inderneeth arnt much differnt? so to look for commmon things on the e36 like diff whine and front arm play etc?

also having a look around there isnt realy any left under 100k, there all at about 100-170k.

Now, price. what should i expect to pay for say arguments sake for a 2002 midrange, 120k 320d estate, i wa slooking and someone was asking 3k for one with 170k on a 10 year old car:jaw-dropping, bit others with lower milage in lower spec were half the price?

i guess it depends what spec you have to price on these? am i right?

they were going sown the auctions this week to look for one..unless any of you lot no of any for sale? :thumbsup

dont no how far hey are willing to travel but they are based in the N.london area.

cheers:thumbsup

See less See more
#4 ·
also good service history with plenty of oil changes, drives straight confirming control arms and bushes are ok , radio works with rear screen heater on, check engine running temp via OBC hidden menu is around 90degs when warm and a diag scan for error codes.

:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.