BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
........... on my car:frown First it was the M-Sport front bumper with fogs. Next the rear lip spoiler. Now it's the second set of fog lamps. Feel like putting a sign on the car, 'Help Yourself!' Actually, no need as someones already doing it! Fed up big time.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Fraid as you're more than aware the M-Sport kit is a magnet for thieves in the smoke :frown

I've heard of owners using security fixings and even no nails to secure the kit but if they want it they'll take it
and not give 2 sh*ts about the damage they do!!!

Thieving scum should have their hands chopped off. :punch

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey at least I was offered counselling by the police when my bumper was nicked as I was a 'victim of crime':hihi I was wondering how I'd cope with having a bumper nicked. Little did I know it would ***** well continue!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep very true. So I've, not replaced the rear spoiler and am going to leave the fog lamps:hihi With the bumper I've filled the holes underneath with some expandable foam and polyfiller'd over so there's no access now. Hopefully I won't have to remove the bumper in the near future! I may replace the fogs and when installed smooth over the hex bolts as well as using loads of glue. Can't see that I'll be having to change the fog lamp bulbs as they don't get used much.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
A Hamann style fog lamp surround cemented in place may also act as another line of defence and looks pretty cool to boot. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My front bumper is fitted with some security wave nuts same idea as locking wheel nuts. They were fitted by the owner before me, there has been 2 gos at trying to steal it when its been parked up in bristol but they have never got them un done.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Personally I would stick that carpet strip thing with the tacks to the underside of bumper so when they reach around it hopefully rips there veins in there arms and does away with them.

But on a more realistic scale, park the car in a well lit civilised area, maybe infront of a house window? Or sit in the car everynight and if they try to take anything run them over. I guarentee that would sort the problem lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
Its when i read stories like this i'm glad i live in the arse end of nowhere :)
I wouldn't be able to handle theiving scum pinching bits off my car :mad

I don't take kindly to this and a week of camping out would be a small price to pay for getting hold of em :mad

I had a car nicked 10 years ago and i'd still batter the litlle scrotes now if i found them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A Hamann style fog lamp surround cemented in place may also act as another line of defence and looks pretty cool to boot. ;)

You might be onto something there. TBH never been keen on these but may give it a go. Have seen there's a few styles available, some nicer than others.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Personally I would stick that carpet strip thing with the tacks to the underside of bumper so when they reach around it hopefully rips there veins in there arms and does away with them.

But on a more realistic scale, park the car in a well lit civilised area, maybe infront of a house window? Or sit in the car everynight and if they try to take anything run them over. I guarentee that would sort the problem lol
Nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing blood pouring from the open wounds! Shocking thing to say but necessary I feel, particularly as it's the car I bought my wife. Each time the car has been parked across the street from my house under a streetlamp! These guys really do have the guts to do this.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Those security wave nuts mentioned in post #12 look like just the job, my company manufacture fixings for the glazing industry and we use similar fixings to these,
( but on a much larger scale ), they will stop the majority of thieves removing the body kits :thumbsup

http://www.securityfasteners.net/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts