BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Do you park on the street? If so, it was probably there before you parked. I doubt bits of your car are just going to drop off in the night.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just thought! Do you have the Google Lens app installed on your phone? I've just taken a snapshot and the closest match I could find was a seat belt mounting bracket, but I'd be surprised if it was that. Pic attached
Screenshot_20200326-113040_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you park on the street? If so, it was probably there before you parked. I doubt bits of your car are just going to drop off in the night.

Thank you for your reply. I have found that piece on the driveway. The thing is I have replaced recently all my brake discs and pads (I was suspecting this could be from the brake calliper). Also, I just took my car to the garage as a strange noise was coming from my exhaust. It turned out to be a clip that broke underneath the car (it was holding the exhaust pipes) Look at pic on the right-hand side. Now I am worried that something else from the exhaust might have fallen.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought! Do you have the Google Lens app installed on your phone? I've just taken a snapshot and the closest match I could find was a seat belt mounting bracket, but I'd be surprised if it was that. Pic attached View attachment 269142

That was literally my first action when I have found the piece of aluminium. However, no luck in finding what it was (I got very different results).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts