BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got them and any good or gimmicky? My only thoughts are weights may cause a bit of wear vibration on outside edge of wheel centres and let in moisture.

·
Registered
220D (2018)
65 Posts
I have them and have had no problems whatsover (put them on last December)
btw the 65mm ones are here on ebay

·
Registered
220D (2018)
65 Posts
thought to mention that BMW's website recommends that they fit them for you
No need, it's one of the easiest jobs you'll ever do
Put a bit of tape over the end of a flathead screwdriver, (to save scratching thee old one if it slips) prise off the existing ones and pop the new ones on
2 minute job !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very gimmicky and a bit try hard but each to there own

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I don’t know, flitting centre caps are good enough for Rolls Royce and end of they day these are genuine BMW parts so not like it’s Max Power stick on bonnet vent

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thought to mention that BMW's website recommends that they fit them for you
No need, it's one of the easiest jobs you'll ever do
Put a bit of tape over the end of a flathead screwdriver, (to save scratching thee old one if it slips) prise off the existing ones and pop the new ones on
2 minute job !
I would always take the wheels off personally and push from the other side rather than prise off. About to get my wheels refurbed and even though head says no will get them recut with diamond cut finish, so last thing I want to do after dreaded whiteworm would be to disturb the clear coat near the edge of the centres.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don’t know, flitting centre caps are good enough for Rolls Royce and end of they day these are genuine BMW parts so not like it’s Max Power stick on bonnet vent
On a Rolls its cool but a BMW major try hard move, borderline tacky

·
Registered
220D (2018)
65 Posts
I would always take the wheels off personally and push from the other side rather than prise off
Ok I see and accept your view on that
If you are taking the wheels off anyway then fine, but if just replacing the caps then that is a lot of work
You dont have to "dig" the screwdriver in , just edge it in and turn
There are also a lot of plastic prying tools, which are better to use than a screwdriver but I don't thave one !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On a Rolls its cool but a BMW major try hard move, borderline tacky

Fortunately not many cars can keep up with a 335d even as standard, so they won’t notice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts