BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOODAY YA ALL,
Does anybody have any info on fitting porsche brakes to a E36 M3. I did see a e36 m3 that had it done on here i pm'd the geezer that done but had no response i think he musnt be on here anymore. im getting desperate with needing to upgrade. i have an m3 engined 325i that is still on 325i brakes. NOT GOOD. ANY HELP is appreciated

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
It may be a silly question, but would fitting a big brake kit mean removing the ABS?
No, the abs sensors arent on the disks, so it'll still work.
What about AP? I had a vectra ST200 with AP 4 pots and that stopped remarkably well. The callipers are made and you just buy the mounting plates to suit....:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
a friend has done the same conversion to his tech1 he,s fitted wilwood calipers, yellow stuff pads [ebc] brake servo from a mk2 golf and they work very well indeed.
the m3 engine in his e30 is showing 300bhp on the dyno at the moment, after a bit of fettling.

·
Registered
25 Posts
why not just go for a standard set of 36 M3 brakes? Unless your planning on regularly driving it hard on a track that is

·
Registered
8 Posts
The e36 M3 brakes are more than what you will need. The only issue you may have is fading on long track sessions.

I hear that the brembos off of the E31 840Ci will bolt right up to the M3 spindles and all you need are E46 floating rotors... ;)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
For proper upgrade brake kits, we only supply & fit AP. Their stuiff is correct according to the application so there's never any issue with fitting along the way and I've yet to hear a bad word about them.

Bog money - yes - but you know its correct fitment for your specific vehicle and all the necessary mounting bit & pieces always come in the complete kit...... why try to save only to end up paying the same if not more in the end?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.