BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i mannaged to get the old one off on my e36 coupe but hand figure how the new one clips on :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply it seems i have the correct part as per diagram above its clipping number 1 on i dont get ?

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
These are a PITA :mad
Inside the door shut is a black plastic grommet shaped like this 0. Pull that out gently. IIRC the centre comes out first. Then with a small torch you will see a small peice of metal attached to the inner door handle assembly.
Bend i wire coat hanger straight and then push this metal lever thingy towards the door A pillar hinges, you should be able to see the holes at the top of the exterior door handle open up where the top clips for no1 go through the door.
Now bend your wire coat hanger end to make a small hook
Next place the door handle cover (NO1) into the holes and hold it there with your hand. Now get your wire coat hanger and place it through the hole in the door and hook the metal clip. Pull the metal slider clip toward you to secure the outer cover into place. This slider secures the lugs on the back of the cover.
Good luck, it took me ages to work these out even with a manual :frown

Dunno why but the securing clip is not shown on the diagram. Its part of the blank area.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahaha! ah neal! what a jab this is haha i thought it would be 10 mins only one was stained got one off ebay 99p jackpot wish i didnt now ah its dark ofcouse i snapped the org one off selotaped the new one on for 2nite start again in the morning! thanks for ur time! my first post so pleased guys :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
orry 4 typos on pda phone oooops should have edit post damn will get used to this soon thanks again better than google lol :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn this think is defeating me i got door card off and can see this piece of metal that slide accross it does not have a bit on th end the push agains from through the hole in the side of the car mine also had no rubber bung but this

out side

in side side

the tiny hole to poke through under rubber piece

now if i put window down i can access it getter but glass is in th way so i think i need to remore the glass to get in to it any linkey for talking out the passanger coupe window glass i tried searching a few times to no avail

thanks guys! oh i poster up an introduction now too :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
any ideas ppl it drivin me potty cant have it like this for the silverstone meet haha!

i had another go today to no av avail i just cant get on the the back clamping plate :( anyone know what i need to do

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this simple looking task has now anoyed me so much i think i am going to take it to a body shop unless anyone can suggest anything else!??

getting worried about the sheer amount of rain getting in now!

one positive note is my windows intermittantly dont go up in 1 pust and bounce back down like they think there is an obstruction... well there was the stupid rubber bit i pictured above they work perfect with that removed! so i have modified them a bit :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks m8 i can easily remove the door card its the glass i cant figure out how 2 take out and see no mention of it in that link you posted?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts