BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help with fitting coilovers - e36 convertible

Hi all, have recently purchased some coilovers for my e36 320i convertible.
Just a few questions realy before i take them in to be fitted.
IS there anything else im going to need that isnt included in the box?

Would like to go as low as possible without scraping or major arch work, My wheels are 18" m6 style with the following details
SIZE: 18"
BOLT PATTERN: 5x120
OFF-SET: 40mm
Tyres: 225 40 zr18

i know when i lowered my coupe on standard shocks, 1 rear wheel scrubbed slightly with a 30mm drop.

Ive since found out its a good idea to replace the top mounts. Is that all or will i need spacers/adjustment of some kind?

Any help would be appreciated :)
Thanks in advance

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The only factor you'll need to worry about is the arches:thumbsup

Another point, when measuring the drop be sure to take all measurements from the bottom of the wheel and not the floor. Ideally you should take a reading, move the car, take another reading move the car and take a final reading:thumbsup

May be a good time to replace the anti roll bar links:thumbsup

Sounds like you have everything under control:cool

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i am rather worried about the rear arches to be honest.
Might look at getting them rolled anyway, just incase. Depends how much that's set to cost i spose.
Anti roll bar links have not long been done so they should be fine :)

Dare i ask, are they difficult to fit or should i just pay some other to do them? they dont look too hard.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
thanks, i am rather worried about the rear arches to be honest.
Might look at getting them rolled anyway, just incase. Depends how much that's set to cost i spose.
Anti roll bar links have not long been done so they should be fine :)

Dare i ask, are they difficult to fit or should i just pay some other to do them? they dont look too hard.
Fitting coilovers is easy enough mate:thumbsup

I'd say fitting springs is harder because you have to separate the front struts first. By fitting coilovers you just remove the old units and fit the new:thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.