BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 05 525d tourer this week (Is this the E60/61?). It has the profesional sat nav but no bluetooth. I need a handsfree kit as I do a lot of driving and a lot of talking on the phone as part of my job. My company pays for us to have parrot kits fitted to all cars used for work which isnt a problem but i would rather have an intergrated system or something more descreet.
I was looking on BMW's web site and found the basic bluetooth kit for the 5 series - http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/owner/accessories_enquiry/subhome/0,,1312___sit-bmwuk%40dht-aHR0cDovL3d3dy5iYXllcmlzY2hlYm13Lm5ld2RvbG4ubmV0,00.html. Has anybody else fitted an aftermarket kit and/or used this bmw one.

Any help would be appreciated as i will need to get this sorted asap.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm really in no position to dish out advice - I'm no expert. I have heard people say that this is a huge job though - a good 8 hours labour? I don't know how much extra I'd pay for a discreet system opposed to a decent Parrot.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
My wife has a parrot in her car, I asked the fitter (who happens to be a mate) to fit it discreetly. It fitted in the ashtray of her Golf, all you can see is the mic on the headlining. Had it fitted with a mute kit through the stereo, very impressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.