BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all!

Ever since I was a teenager I have always aspired to own a BMW. There is just something about the cars...something.

And now after several hand me downs through the family I am finally in a secure enough position to purchase my first Bimmer. (I have always called them Beemers but have only recently learnt that that isn't the true fans title for them!).

I currently own a 99 Reg Fiesta and am not the smallest bloke in the world - so commuting 200miles a day at the moment :eek calls for a bit more comfort.

Anyway, my BMW buying Journey started with that lovely E46 3 Series...but as I searched for cars under 4 -5 grand, I realsied that if I tried a bit harder (and as more and more of them drove past me) I could probably afford an older reg E90.

Then after seeing more and more 5 series drive past me, I figured that I needed something that gave me command of the road...so I started looking at 5 series. I soon realised that 5 Series was defo the way to go. All that room, all that comfort, all those gadgets.

So before I knew it I'd got a loan and am currently searching for 57 plate "Efficient Dynamics" 520D SE onwards. My ideal interior trim would consist of Leather seats with a gorgeous dark wood finish. Mmmm ....mmmm. But being so specific on the model age, the interior type and the price (really need it for £10k) I'm struggling to find one quickly enough, and local enough, without having to travel to those pesky car supermarkets - I had the most awful experience at Car Giant recently so I am steering well clear of them!!!

You'll see me in the technical areas as I know nothing about cars on a maintenance level and will need to ask a lot of questions!

Cheers

David

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Welcome to the forums David :thumbsup

Good luck in the hunt for your ideal 5'er, we'll need pics when you get one purely to confirm you've made the right choice ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts