1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plan was to do the following:

Wash
Megs Clay with Megs Quick Detailer
2nd Wash
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

It was a gorgeous day on Sunday and I managed to get most of the detailing work I wanted done on the car completed - I ran out of time though and never got round to applying the AG Extra Gloss Protection!!

Here's some progress pics of the car after the wash, clay and 2nd wash:

Here's the final result (wash, clay, 2nd wash, AG SRP)

Some close ups (after wash and clay):

Some close ups (after):

I'm going to give it another wash and another coat of AG SRP this weekend and then make sure I have enough time to top off with AG EGP. I'm fairly happy with the results as it was all done by hand!:eek

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the difference is amazing:jaw-dropping
:thumbsup:thumbsup
thanks! - the effort was definately worth it!.. I should remove/fill a little more of the swirls this weekend with the extra coating of SRP and will be sealed with the AG EGP.. it'll do until I get a machine polisher and correct the paint properly! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
looks great and the results have really paid off. i wish i took some pics of my car after i brought it and valeted it. im bit lucky as i work at a valeting company at the moe. when i got mine it was really dull and now its soo shiney. makes a hell of a difference

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the replies!! :) :thumbsup

looks great and the results have really paid off. i wish i took some pics of my car after i brought it and valeted it. im bit lucky as i work at a valeting company at the moe. when i got mine it was really dull and now its soo shiney. makes a hell of a difference
necta - I agree!! - it's worth the effort though as it's SO much easier to keep it clean when you put the effort in! :)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buoyed by the results I managed to get by hand I've just this minute invested in a Silverline Random Orbital Sander/Polisher to try and improve the results I've already achieved (as there are still some swirls etc):

and I've bought the Menzerna Orange Polishing Pad and Menzerna Yellow Finishing pad to go with it.... still undecided on polishes.. :)

I was pointed in the direction of this thread on Detailing World which helped me make my mind up! :):

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=83874

HTH

·
Registered
7 Posts
Buoyed by the results I managed to get by hand I've just this minute invested in a Silverline Random Orbital Sander/Polisher to try and improve the results I've already achieved (as there are still some swirls etc):

and I've bought the Menzerna Orange Polishing Pad and Menzerna Yellow Finishing pad to go with it.... still undecided on polishes.. :)

I was pointed in the direction of this thread on Detailing World which helped me make my mind up! :):

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=83874

HTH
Nice-be careful though cause you can take off the paint and end up with bare metal if you are not :frown

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice-be careful though cause you can take off the paint and end up with bare metal if you are not :frown
Will do!.. at least it's not as lethal to paintwork as rotary's potentially are in the wrong hands! LOL!!! :)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my menzerna orange and yellow pads arrived today!! :) now all I need is the machine polisher to turn up... and maybe some nice weather!! LOL!! :):D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.