BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally after a few weeks ive got the z4 rims on my e36 m3 cab. i have never seen these on an e36 before but thought nothing is impossible so here are the pics

1st of all i bought them off ebay in a resonable state, so i set about splitting them down for a full refurb ( this is what i do), the old laquer had to be stripped off with nitromors:eek. then sanded and painted black. then came the task of polishing the lips back up after removing the few kerb marks, started off with 240 grade then 400, 800, 1200, 2000 and finally when smooth got out the machine polisher with g3 and finished off with autosol, i am happy with the results seeing as i have never polished alloy before hopefully u guys may agree. the spokes were the easy part jus sanded out the scratches then painted and laquered. then finally built them back up but this is where i tried to be clever, the alloys are 8j front with et50 and the rear are 8.5j with et47. i sort of worked out that if i changed the spokes around i would have 8j et47 front, and 8.5j et50 rear. i simply spaced them all by 10mm and they fit perfectly with no rubbing at all( even at full lock:thumbsup) cheers for looking and thanks to mr rym for a little help with offsets a few weeks ago maybe months. top man!!!1:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Really sorry mate, I don't like them:frown

It reminds me of the fatal mistake that I made when I chose to go for a Mille Miglia 5 spoke wheel:hihi

So long as you like it though, that's all that matters:thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.