BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
No doubt they're fine cars, but to me they're a bit pointless.

Want a large 5 door sports saloon? Buy an F10 MSport 5 series.

Want a large crossover sort of 4x4 style 'thing'? Buy an X6 (which are really growing on me).

Where does the GT fit into the range? I might be missing something perhaps? Maybe an X6 is far more money?

EDIT: Either way, you selected the right engine :hihi I think they have upped the power a bit too :thumbsup

EDIT 2: Nope, similar money by the looks of it. 5 Series GT and X6. Albeit 1 year apart in review terms, surely the differential should be more considering the X6 has the better engine?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I'd be (genuinely) interested to hear why someone would want one of these when there are several alternatives that aren't so.... err.... let's say ugly??

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'd be (genuinely) interested to hear why someone would want one of these when there are several alternatives that aren't so.... err.... let's say ugly??
Yeah, I was beating around the bush. In my post above, 'pointless' = 'ugly'.

:hihi

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Have you thought about a porshe cayenne thats what the gt reminds me of pointless. Go for an f10 you would lose a lot more on a gt.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hideous looking thing but jolly comfortable on long journeys apparently. I was genuinely quite interested in one when the concept was first announced but when I saw one in the flesh in the local dealership, I vomited on the floor without my stomach muscles contracting. Well I didn't really but I'm sure you get my drift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts