BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, has anyone experienced "no discs" being displayed on the head unit when the autochanger is full? I believe this is a common problem on e46 autochangers? Got any ideas.......are there any good ice repairers on here?
Thanks guys!;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that mate. I know what you are saying, but don't you need to buy an adaptor........and do you retain the steering wheel functionality? I don't want to spend more than a couple of hundred all in..........is that going to get me an improvement over the bmw item?
Thanks mate!;)

Personally, I would forget repairing it and just change it out for a better unit...see this thread...http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f8/would-a-2003-2005-e46-mp3-cd-changer-t14472/

·
Registered
11 Posts
You still reatain your wheel controls and that lead I mentioned in there? That is your interface :thumbsup. Overall, when I fitted it to my E46, it was much better than OE...even though Alpine is the manufacturer for OE :hihi

·
Registered
916 Posts
no cd on display

Hi, I get this now and then on my e39, just remove cassette reseat the discs and genrally works fine.
Had it jam up once and had to open unit to slide back one of the disc holders back into the cassette, tricky job but can be done with care.
hope this helps?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I got this with my E39 too..... it was overheating because of it's position in the boot, ended up wiring in a computer fan and cutting a neat hole in the panel, and just set the temp' gauge that came with it..... Worked fine after that.... (E39 is situated behind a panel in the boot filled with foam and above the exhaust, about the best place to put things you want to keep cool...... tsk).

My E46 has never had a problem though....

Tom

·
Registered
271 Posts
My E39 also does this, very annoying. And as mine is a touring and the back is full a lot of the time on long hauls it always seems to happen just as I set out, I then have to either drive for hours with no CDs and the radio going out of tune every 20 minutes, or empty the boot to access the changer, and oftern I have engines and gear boxs etc in the back so not always an easy task.

I have just got a DVD/CD/MP3 unit with 2 screens for the head rests, I plan to use this with either an FM modulator or just wire it into the cassett internaly so it will work when cassett is selected. But I am struggling to find a location to mount it where I can access it from in the drivers seat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.