BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am looking for a few thoughts on a number of faults/ errors that my car has been producing with increasing frequency one the psst could of weeks:

Drivetrain
Transmission - drive moderately
Auto hold
Parking break - partly available

All errors recommend that I have the car looked at by service. Etc etc. The case drives fine, no hiccups from the gearbox at all and the parking break and auto hold seem to work as expected.

The drivetrain and transmission fault send to happen upon cornering, but not always. The autobiography and parking break fails are random with no obits pattern. One they begin to trigger, it's relentless almost every 30 seconds of so.

Any ideas please before I get it looked ?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Lots of gearbox related errors can sometimes be caused by a weak electrical system.
If it was an E61 I'd also have suggested checking the boot well for water ingress.

Maybe also check the scuttle drains in the engine bay for blockages and water build-up. Granted it hasn't rained much recently but a trip to the car wash can do as much damage.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Start do people think about the relatively cheap ODB2 Code readers available on Amazon and eBay? Are they any good, Is their use lively to cause any problems?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts