BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving on the A406 today and saw a fake e39 M5. Basically, it was a completely stock 5 series with an M5 badge stuck on the back (in the wrong place also).

Grrrr...

Rant over.

Johann

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,008 Posts
I hate them to the point where I think they should be crushed and the driver forced to drive a Lada for the rest of his life :thumbsup

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes. That is all.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that m kits, wheels etc. look good on non m cars. For example I love csl bootlids on any e46.

I was annoyed that he put the badge on.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Driving on the A406 today and saw a fake e39 M5. Basically, it was a completely stock 5 series with an M5 badge stuck on the back (in the wrong place also).
I must've seen that same car too at some point :hihi

Sticks out like a sore thumb !
Or there's 2 of them driving about :frown

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yes. A neighbour gets visitors with an e46 330 and its a really nice car spoiled by the M badges

And its just the M as well, like loads of folk seem to have, not even M3 hes got on it.

AFAIK the only bmw to come out the factory with just a single M badge is the e28 M535 so...

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't think there is much in the world that I hate more...

My mate was seriously looking at buying an e92 320d with 100k miles on it, no idrive or any real optional extras but was fully turned into a rep m3, for just shy of 16k! It looked gorgeous but I think that look would soon be ruined by the cloud of black smoke, the car not really moving and the sound of a tractor. We almost fell out over it lol. The thing that makes it worse is the fact he currently drives a very nice e46 330i convertible.

·
1,008 Posts
The rule for me is to have a M badge it must have a S coded engine, BMW stick M badges on cars because they got a few M goodies, well thats bollocks, it needs the engine to make it an M and then the other bits that go with the package.

·
Registered
165 Posts
330Ci's with m3 side grilles. They're annoying (and glued on). Simples.

·
1,008 Posts
An M car is more than a badge, if it makes you happy putting a M5 badge on your 520 then is tells a lot about you

·
Registered
936 Posts
A few years ago I drove past a old style ford mondeo with a M badge on it didn't laugh much
And no BMW should have a M badge on it unless it is a M car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Weve seen people on here buy a car because it had an m badge, steering wheel ect. And beleived it was an M powered diesel!!!

1 - 20 of 184 Posts