BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it fair that i work like a [email protected]%er to get myself my 325ti and then this rich kiddy i know see's it and goes out and gets daddy to buy him a convertable M3?! at 18?! 20k worth of bimmer! :mad

took me out in it last night and i think im in love :frown

my car now seems somewhat inadequete :frown

·
Registered
454 Posts
Difference is you worked for yours.

I would be ten times more pleased with owning a corsa as long as I paid for it myself, than some spoilt brat who gets it for free.

Wheres the enjoyment in just getting it.. save up, get excited, purchase the car yourself.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yeah its definatly more rewarding when you work and pay for it. Especially if that kid spanks his M3 he wont care he didnt pay for it, probaby get daddy to buy him another one :rofl.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
I agree with the others, yes its nice being bought stuff, but its always more rewarding and meaningful in the long run if you've worked hard and saved it up yourself - people like the 18-year old you're talking about, don't know the true values of saving up and working hard for something, he's probably been used to getting stuff bought for him all his life so far, he's the one missing out in the long run in my opinion. Even if it is a strange way of thinking!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i guess... but i mean theres being spoilt but this is on another level...

first car 07 plate mini cooper S

second car 57 plate mini cooper S GP 218bhp special addition (google it, its lush!)

third car 53 plate BMW M3 Convertable individual

and the kids the same age as me :mad

hmmmmmm turbo anyone? :p

·
Registered
236 Posts
It does make you sick... spoilt little shit!!!! :hihi ... Iv got a friend exactly the same... when i turned 22 i got my BM... he went out and got an Audi RS4 Conv!!!! .... Got to laugh about it mate and not let it get to you.... at 18 you have got a quality motor.. think of what other 18 year olds have and ignore the spoilt rich kid.. (not jealous... honest!!!):rofl

Plus he probably has small c**k!!!!!!!!:hihi (Sorry.. couldnt resist!!!)

·
Registered
478 Posts
People probably thought the same about me....albeit nothing as monstrous as them..... 17 modified Corsa.... 18 316i......19 520i SE, 21.....Honda Civic and 330ci...... however nearly all company cars..... or inheritence.

Also just to make you giggle... mate of mine gets a new Golf GTI for his first car at 17/18 (parents were loaded, his dad was an MP....), gets in it first day of driving and turns the engine over, forgets its in gear and shunts forward, knocking a wall down onto his dads 100k++++++ Porsche (their garden is like two levels), then in a panic reverses, into the side of his mums 90K++++ Jag...... result: three cars worth 200k++++ written off. SWEET PMSL when he told us.....

At the end of the day "life ain't fair", so who gives a f*ck if he didn't earn it, he won't appreciate it, and he'll probably write it off and/or kill himself....... not that I'd ever want to see that, I mean, writing off an M3 thats a travesty..... ;-)

Tom

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
or.... you guys could rape my thread?! :rofl

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.