BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m close to defeat here guys so any help is very much appreciated, il start from the beginning so please bare with me. And sorry in advance.

I bought a e90 2005 n46 320i that had a broken chain guide which put the timing out. So set about replacing this and removing the sump to recover the remaining bits of plastic.

Engine now starts and runs ok apart from a slight hesitation at idle and smokes slightly (white almost like steam) there’s no water loss! rpm is steady around 700rpm cleared all error codes via inpa and drove it to be mot’d which was the first real run it’s had since the timing chain repair. I scanned it before I left which flagged a 2a88 camshaft control outlet error code (control stop too long too large????)

Now Iv just had the call to say it’s failed, they didn’t do the emissions test because of excessive smoke? Could this be a overfueling issue or down to the the error 2a88?

I’m very new to inpa so still learning how to use it and what benefits it has.

Couple of things I need help with is:

1/ the valvetronic setting it will let me adjust it from 0-0.8mm I’m to believe it should be 0.3mm but how is it saved do I adjust it and click program?

2/ why am I reading 0 air mass on the analog value does it get its reading from the plug in the air filter box and would this cause a rich fuel mixture?

3/ any clues what the 2a88 code is pointing too.

For anyone that’s read this thanks

F3829315-976E-4ACA-B1F3-FCAAB35656BE.jpg

17900CC9-C76C-40E1-9668-1A76E91C4106.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the bad pictures they are clear on my phone.? Ones camshaft adaption output - 59.80 input - 120.10 second picture is just to show 0 air mass?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts