BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this work for all cars, or just the ones I've driven recently???

You know the problem, you've just bought a new, unfamiliar car and approaching the petrol station, you are not sure which lane to get in - ie which side do you put petrol in.

It seems that "most"?? manufacturers give you a clue on the petrol gauge on the instrument cluster with a picture of a petrol pump. On this picture, the side which has the pipe thingy should be the side you put the petrol in.

seems to work...

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
To be honest I have found that most cars tend to have the fuel pump symbol smack bang in the middle. The pump hoses over here in the UK are usually long enough to reach round the other side of the car as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
my old car symbol was on ther right, nozzle was on the left. Probably fiction?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nozles will reach round at most garages. It does make me chuckle when I come accross people with fillers on the same side as me waiting for pumps when they can just pull up to any and pull the hose round.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Nozles will reach round at most garages. It does make me chuckle when I come accross people with fillers on the same side as me waiting for pumps when they can just pull up to any and pull the hose round.
The only reaon why I would not do that is due to the fact I would nto want to inflict any scratches etc onto the paintwork.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The only reaon why I would not do that is due to the fact I would not want to inflict any scratches etc onto the paintwork.
Yeah, same here. And you look very ungainly pulling it round the back of the car, then standing on it to get it hooked under the bumper, then pulling more. Forget it. We'll just wait!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts