1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 BMW M4 F82 7DCT YasMarinaBlue
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Any help would be great!
I have a 2015 BMW M4 F82 7DCT, Drives well, runs well.
Ive noticed this problem over the last month, It doesnt do it all the time, very intermittent . Only happens on acceleration, and mainly on hills/ just after tight corners.

Ive attached the video _though reddit.
Sound is in three parts. Starts at 0.07 and 0.20

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi All,
Any help would be great!
I have a 2015 BMW M4 F82 7DCT, Drives well, runs well.
Ive noticed this problem over the last month, It doesnt do it all the time, very intermittent . Only happens on acceleration, and mainly on hills/ just after tight corners.

Ive attached the video _though reddit.
Sound is in three parts. Starts at 0.07 and 0.20
is that the helicopter type sound? I couldn't really make out what it was you are trying to point us too.

Try process of elimination. Take everything out of the car not meant to be there. Try standing starts, to accelerating in different gears. See what you can narrow down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that the helicopter type sound? I couldn't really make out what it was you are trying to point us too.

Try process of elimination. Take everything out of the car not meant to be there. Try standing starts, to accelerating in different gears. See what you can narrow down.
Yes, Would describe it as a helicopter sound, Ive tried standing starts and doesnt really come to anything. I will try different gears tommorow and try some other processes to see the outcome.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes, Would describe it as a helicopter sound, Ive tried standing starts and doesnt really come to anything. I will try different gears tommorow and try some other processes to see the outcome.
Strange. Wheel bearings and prop shafts can make such noises, but it wouldn't be so random. Check all the body work is secure and underneath. EG near the suspension, if you lean the car on something and it flaps a bit afterwards....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looked For loose/broken parts and nothing (as my point of view, not mechanic). All seems good, Tried pulling away in different ways, turning etc...

Seems to happen more when turning left then accelerating on the straight, Soon as let of the acceleration it disappears, then back on when accelerating. Also discovered a tick noise like what a stone in the tire sounds like (nothing in tires that i can see). i drove for like 1-2 hours all together over the past 2 days and its happened only a tiny bit in the time. Im going to a mechanic on Friday. But if anyone on here knows what it could be at least i can tell the mechanic, The previous mechanic couldn't hear it.. Just how it goes when you try and tell them it happens, so when they drive it its does not do it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE Car has had a full service and oil change, the car has no problems that can be found by the mechanic. No Faults came up either.
Still making the noise once in a while. Very strange.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
This won’t help you but I find that the F82 makes all sorts of noises......

mine seems to love making brake related noise- ok when cold but as soon as pads / discs warm up then you can really hear the pads biting on the discs
At least I think it’s that .......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to Add onto thread, The sound problem has been located! Its the rear brakes are sticking, The noise was being 10x in volume due to the Stupid Active Sound. Which ive now ripped out. What an annoying piece of Tech that is :ROFLMAO:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts