BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
BMW F30 330D LCI LUXURY
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps, got a problem after fitting some led bulbs. Fitted some twenty20 impacts then used bimmercode to turn the cold/warm monitoring off. Everything worked ok so waited for the dark to come and went out for a drive. The lights are nice and bright in fact so bright that other drivers were congratulating me by flashing back so I decided to lower the beam using thumb wheel that adjusts the height of beam but nothing. Whether the wheel set is to zero or three nothing... But when I turn on the ignition the lights auto adjust and go back to the same position. I've manually adjusted the lights so they don't burn people's eyeballs out but i would like the thumb wheel to work for when the kids are in back.
Any help would be appreciated, cheers Paul :)

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
You sure you have two scroll wheels?
One is for the uppy down of halogen lights, the other is dimming the dash lights, if you only have one, then you probably had xenons.
Good thing is the datum, if you do have auto adjust, can be altered as with any other light, so if they're a bit high as seems, then white garage door, six ft away or so, mark top of beam with tape, having found which screws do what before hand from t'webby, maybe half a turn down, then drive and see if those friendly folk still flash, repeat as necessary :)

·
Registered
BMW F30 330D LCI LUXURY
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, definitely got two scroll wheels. But the lights don't move when the wheel is turned.
I've replaced the halogens with led and didn't know if I'd messed something up when I've fitted them. I've already set the beams up on the garage door after lighting up the neighbours bedroom. But the thing that's bugging me is when you turn on the lights they move up into position like they are taunting me....

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
That's odd, I have xenon adaptives - they do the uppy downey as ignition switches on, and only have one rotary control for the dash dimming.....
Thinking a bit more, it's clearly an electronic control method as it's an electronic switch, if during the LED install, you'd lost the connection at the headlight end that obeyed the position of the dash switch, the headlights might seek an average depending on angle parked at...
realoem.com and your VIN will show what you have, but also might be able to drill down to a blown apart area dealing with headlights and maybe the missing link :)
Was about to say maybe blown a fuse - except the headlights are moving, just not obeying the dash control... so not that!

·
Registered
BMW F30 330D LCI LUXURY
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I've finally sourced the problem...yeah for me !!!!
When I installed the leds the first thing I did was jump on to the bimmercode app and change the hot/cold monitoring then while I was in that section I changed a couple of other settings one of which was the fog light cornering. For some reason when this is active it disables the thumb wheel. So I reset this section with the back up the app made and the lights now move up and down. So no cornering lights for me. It can probably be sorted out in the advanced coding but that's beyond me.
So the morale of the story is... I'm ace !!!
Or only do one thing at a time in the app then check it ☺

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
That's an interesting 'feature' - activating the foglight cornering disables the scroll wheel control :cool:

and yes, one thing at a time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts