BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A common issue on here I know, so please bear with me.

I noticed that the rear of my 6yr old F11 MSport (60k miles) was sitting a little low on the nearside left this morning. When cold and measured it sits approx 10mm lower than the drivers side. Once the engine is running, the difference reduces to approx 5mm. See photos, sorry they are sideways )

Are the comparable differences in ride height something I should investigate now with a view to getting fixed? Or is a 5-10mm tolerance to be expected?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I have one F11 too Msport that is like yours, one side is with 5mm-7mm lower. 2 weeks ago I changed air springs with arnott ones and I was thinking to calibrate the suspension... You find something?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had mine looked at and the passenger side bag had a slight leak, so was replaced. That was early December. The drivers side has now failed too, but the drop is far more significant.

It's is strange though how over the past two nights it's not dropped at all, whereas it only seems to drop after a longer run when left for just 3 hrs or so. All very odd, but it's going back to the garage this Friday.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depends in what position remains the air bag... I will try in my case calibrate the suspension because Idon t think I have leaks because if I let my car without driving it I find in the same height position but is just a little lower then the other...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts