BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im new to this forum and i looking for your help. I have a problem with my f11 for a while now and cant find a way to fix it. The gap between the offside rear wheel and the wheel arch is much bigger then the nearside. I got ista+ 2 weeks ago and tried to do the ride height calibration, which value should be around 630mm on both side is 630 on the nearside so all good but its 660mm offside and even after doing the calibration twice with ista still wont change anything. I also got warning on the dash randomly about chassis problem and go to the dealer to get checked but it's not on all the time. Also the car randomly blows the 30amp fuse of the air pump. Once I change the fuse the pump works again as normal and no warning for a while, then another day I get the warning and the fuse is ok so have no idea whats wrong.

Fault code in ista also doesnt help much, no leaks, sensor linkage moving, pump working.

I was thinking about the sensors on the 2 side of the axle but when i did the height calibration they gave the proper reading so they obviously tell the ecu that the car is running at 660mm which is way too high, and still no sign of dropping the height.

Any help or idea appreciated

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Almost certainly is one of the air bags. The pump is working too hard which is why it keeps blowing fuses. Replacements can be had ridiculously cheap off the auction sites although I'd be inclined to go somewhere like here:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares-search?keyword=37106781828

Not sure what the F11 is like for a DIY but I've done an E39 and it was about 20 minutes per side. There are plenty of how-tos on t'interweb. There's also some tips on possible alternative issues with F11 air suspension.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I'm not sure its the airbag, I already changed 1 side for arnott last year cos it was leaking, although you couldn't hear it the car dropped to the "ground" in a few hours after the car was stopped and you're right its not a big job. But now i don't have any issue like this even after a day the car sits in the same height. I bought another arnott now anyway and if the weather will improve ill change the other side too and see if it will make any difference, but i dont think the airbag itself is the problem this time. I think more about a sensor, valve, etc but i just can't afford at the moment to start buy parts one by one to see what's faulty. I was hoping ista will give me a more specific answer what part is faulty but unfortunately it isnt

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Recommendation is always to change the bags as a pair to ensure they are evenly matched. This might be the source of your issue if one side is an Arnott aftermarket and the other OEM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts