BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently (4months ago) purchased a '16 plate F10. I noticed the car pulled around a lot and vibrates under braking. After 7 alignments, 2 tyre changes, new brake discs and pads I have a car that now doesn't vibrate and, on smooth roads, drives true.
The issue is when I go on uneven surfaces. I have a rough ride (M sport suspension and run flats) and the wheel follows imperfections in the road. The symptom is the wheel pulling/wondering when on uneven surface.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I suspected the run flats as the only thing I haven't changed is the steering rack and suspension!

Sounds like another £600-£800 🤨

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also check the tracking. My new to me (& my first BMW) F20 wandered wildly with 1/2 worn run flats and the ride was pretty awful.

Fitted Eagle F1s which was a great improvement all round but still not right.

I then found there was far too much toe out. Adjusted this myself - about 1turn on each rod. I should have it checked by a professional, but instead I will just monitor the tyre wear pattern, especially the inside shoulders.

Result!
It tracks straight and true, doesn't wander at all and the non run flats made a massive difference to ride (& noise).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts