BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had the recall done for the EGR Cooler on my F10. The Cooler is on the front and my understanding is that the issue was oil/coolant leak that could catch fire. My car obviously did not but when it went in for a cracked spring at BMW they had to do the recall as well.

Anyway, since I got the car back the screen washers were not working, i assumed it was low on fluid. The work was done in May, over the weekend I topped the washer fluid with water as I know mixing different brands can lead to gelling in BMW's. However while the jets can be heard wiring, nothing is coming out. I notice when I was topping up what i assume the be coolant around the EGR.

So my question is from the pictures attached does it look like there is a coolant leak or that BMW just didn't clean up after change the EGR where some coolant would have leaked.

Secondly there appears to be something wrong with the washer system. I have never worked on this car, always BMW. I suspect they have damaged something while changing the EGR, whats the best thing to do about this?
Auto part Hose Fuel line Pipe

Auto part Coil spring Fuel line Hose Wire

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
that is on the egr cooler,,id take it back,,i thought the cooler got changed also at recall....and maybe the hose has come off the jet under the lining for the bonnet,,easy to clip off and have a look,although if both dont work i doubt its that,,maybe the bottle/filter is blocked,,but you say only bmw fluid is used...anyway id call them up and ask..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.