BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost a friend this morning heroin overdose, not seen her for a few years.
We all grew up together from parks then pubs and onto clubbing from an idylic village Whaley bridge. Just don't understand why people have to take it a stage further and start taking smack there's only one outcome and that's death or addict for life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
The thing is with heroin so I hear is that the addiction is more psychological than physical to begin with as it feels so good and the comedown is shit it makes people want more then the vicious cycle starts. IMO no matter how bad things are, when you start on the gear you know what your getting yourself into, sorry about the loss by the way

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
As youngsters we all new what smack was and the outcome of taking it as we'd seen older ones taking it and f**king there life's up.we all took what people call recreational drugs for many years while clubbing and had a great time.
Just don't understand why people practically commit suicide by taking heroin.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
fraid some people have that 'addictive' gene/tendancy and once they try it they're hooked and for most that means a dependency that tragically spirals downwards!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Also some people get bored of class b's and c's so want the high of the class a's and it creates a vicious cycle of wanting the all time high

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Sorry mate. :(

I agree. Used to take all sort of shite when I was younger, 99% of people (me included) don't (didn't) go there though. Sure fire way of losing friends/family and ultimately, life..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sorry for your loss mate, but unfortunately people keep dancing with the devil !

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry mate. :(

I agree. Used to take all sort of shite when I was younger, 99% of people (me included) don't (didn't) go there though. Sure fire way of losing friends/family and ultimately, life..
It was one of our rules just don't go there you know the outcome.theres to many evil bastards out there seeing vulnerable people and thinking f**k it I'm on it and I'm taking them with me and getting them on it.

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
addictive personality is wierd mate at work drank himself to death he couldn't leave booze alone ever, even when he got diabetes type 1 he drank even more his 15 year old lad found him dead in bed...

my theory on pissheads is if ya throw up on booze ya cant become an alcoholic, if ya can drink till ya legless and still not throw up everywhere you have the addictive alcoholic gene..

·
Registered
713 Posts
addictive gene, gangster gene... what else we are going to label to excuse ourselves? I think all of us this days we got addictions, it all depend on what, but we should not label it just to excuse our doings and take full responsibility! apparently this is what make us clever beings, that we can differentiate between right and wrong and can make decisions...

I am sorry about your friend

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
i havent drank alcohol in 16 years and have no lust or desire to consume it either, and yet i have and had mates that cannot leave it alone and have died from it or lost everything cos of it..

did drugs years ago the usual stuff but never progressed to junkie status and have not taken any drugs in 20 years or more..

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
we all new what smack was and the outcome of taking it as we'd seen older ones taking it and f**king there life's up
I think you said it there in one. Drugs don't take people. People take themselves down that road

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All I can say is that make that call that you mean too call but never actually get around to doing, just call them because it might be to late one day and I don't just mean that about drugs it's life it's too short.I'm gonna make some long due phone calls tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss tim and i myself have lost some good friends over the years to drink and drugs.

i myself years ago had a drug problem but kept telling myself i didnt and could control it until one weekend it all come crashing down on me and i ended up in intensive care and was very close to losing my life.
seeing all my family and friends who some had travelled many miles to see me and having to explain myself and what i had done and had been doing for quite a few years and i had hidden from many was the biggest wake up call i could ever had and have now been clean for 17 years and dont miss it at all and have no desire ever to go back especially with a lovely wife and two beautiful boys to keep me on the straight and narrow.

i was lucky unlike many including your friends you have lost

Andy

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to hear of your loss tim and i myself have lost some good friends over the years to drink and drugs.

i myself years ago had a drug problem but kept telling myself i didnt and could control it until one weekend it all come crashing down on me and i ended up in intensive care and was very close to losing my life.
seeing all my family and friends who some had travelled many miles to see me and having to explain myself and what i had done and had been doing for quite a few years and i had hidden from many was the biggest wake up call i could ever had and have now been clean for 17 years and dont miss it at all and have no desire ever to go back especially with a lovely wife and two beautiful boys to keep me on the straight and narrow.

i was lucky unlike many including your friends you have lost

Andy
Cheers Andy bit like myself had a wake up call at 22 had a little to much of everything ended up in a&e and hung my boots up. Had a great time and don't regret one bit of it. You just need to know when enough is enough.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:frownso i see, for lots of ya a&e is the wake up call.... little too late IMHO
Yep true just that smack and crack takes no prisoners and gives no second chances.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Lost a friend this morning heroin overdose, not seen her for a few years.
We all grew up together from parks then pubs and onto clubbing from an idylic village Whaley bridge. Just don't understand why people have to take it a stage further and start taking smack there's only one outcome and that's death or addict for life.

I'm really sorry about your friend mate,may she rest in peace.....You will see her again when it's your time :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts