BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Exhaust noise

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Jack87 
#1 ·
Hello everyone :)
So I have the new F40 M135i and my exhaust doesn’t sound like it does on videos. So on Carwow drag races when they do the sound test there’s 3 vids and in each vid there months apart and all different stock m135i’s in each video and every one crackles and pops when they rev it stationary. here are the videos.
So my M135i sounds absolutely shocking when I rev from stationary it’s like a hoover I know modern cars sound sh*t but like you can see from the videos it actually should sound good but mine doesn’t at all. I’ve tried every setting possible and it’s the same with the valve open I get no crackles no pops just pure sh*t
Why does my car not sound the same as the other M135i’s and is there anything I can do?
Also has anyone else had this problem?

#5 ·
What’s your build date??? Cars built pre sept 2020ish you get the pops & bangs, after that date they’ve been deleted. Presumably to comply with emissions regs or similar.
As for me I’m so glad they stopped them, sounds a bit chavvy imo, but if I was 18 I would have loved it 🤪
There’s my answer lol… I had a suspicion it was this as them vids are 2yr old. Mines literally 6month old from factory so that’s probably why as you’ve said. Bit shit but hey ho it’s how things are going now. I wonder what they did to stop them tho it’s a bit weird

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.