2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says...

I am using

• =$P9="Closed"
  • =$P9="Open"
  • =$P9="Cancelled
  • =$P9="Core"
Now how do I do this instead of doing it line by line... Becuase I have A LOT of lines to do!!!!!!

Any idea's LADS or GIRLS?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
I self taught elements of conditional formatting from some videos on YouTube but it's one of those where I'd need to understand what you're trying to achieve to shed more light mate :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I self taught elements of conditional formatting from some videos on YouTube but it's one of those where I'd need to understand what you're trying to achieve to shed more light mate :thumbsup
If you want mate give me your e-mail in a PM and I'll E-mail it to you yeah?

becuase it to much for me to type at this time in the morning on a night shift :hihi

EDIT** to try and explain what I mean

EDIT***
What I am trying to do is... When I put closed in a box I want the line from A to Q to light up in blue same for the rest but with different colours & words.

I have been highlighting the line and done it line by line but cant figure out the formaula to enter when I select all...

I think that makes sence...

Oh decided to try and write it

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
I know what you mean, will look at it tomorrow mate on a dummy sp sht, I had a bit of trouble with this but I'm sure I found a way

·
Registered
141 Posts
You will struggle to get lines without an entry to format from a single line. You would have to use =cell reference where your putting closed etc in all the blank li.es. Then just use conditional formatting to set the cell colours etc. If you want you can send me the spreadsheet on an email and ill sort it and send it back. Been ages since i got stuck into excel and need to brush up again.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
just cracked it using this guide:

YouTube - Excel Magic Trick #6: Conditional Formatting for a Row

I slightly changed a couple of things using = instead of < or > but if you have any probs, email it over and I'll sort it for you - just PM me and I'll forward my email addy, glad I had a bash at this cos this wasn't the way I sorted it last time, much easier imo.

Good luck :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I know some people hate using it, but actually the built-in help is pretty good

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just cracked it using this guide:

YouTube - Excel Magic Trick #6: Conditional Formatting for a Row

I slightly changed a couple of things using = instead of < or > but if you have any probs, email it over and I'll sort it for you - just PM me and I'll forward my email addy, glad I had a bash at this cos this wasn't the way I sorted it last time, much easier imo.

Good luck :thumbsup

Cheers mate that looks to me that you solved it - Now will just have to put it into pratice later! :thumbsup

I know some people hate using it, but actually the built-in help is pretty good
The built-in help is useless

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pleasure mate! I had the model working perfectly using text instead of numbers so I can send you the working model if needed :thumbsup

I agree...
Go for it mate! I'll pm you my e-mail...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts