Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Not a good idea

Votes: 1 5.9%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering what the interest would be in a share a part scheme?

I am sure some one has done this on here before, but maybe if we can create a centralised thread that enables us to keep track of what and who then that would be great.

For those who don't know what this is, it's basically a cheap way for us all to maintain our cars easily - Essentially it has to start somewhere and for example I need to recondition my calipers on my car, many of us share these calipers but recondition a part either means expense up front for a second hand one or time out of the car waiting to do the job.

I propose, that if parties are interested, that when I recondition my calipers I am going to go to a scrap yard, pick up set, get new seals (£15) then sand back and up/paint the scrap yard set, I'll then fit them and the old calipers will come out (In need of refurbishment) but instead of chucking them or trying to sell for a £5! offer them on here.

All the person would need to do is pay the cost of postage (parcel2go.co.uk) and i'll send them on. ## In a bid to gain peoples attention at this point it has been pointed out that people could "pocket" the money or goods - using parcel2go means the person who wants the goods pays for the collection of the goods from the person who has something to donate. No one can gain out of this unless the value of the item is high but then the person was giving it away any way... ?!

The more parts on here the better it is for us all and will save us all a packet and also bring us together as a community.

Could we get a poll on here, 2 options. Interested, Don't care and pending on the response I'll start the chain....

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can post your own poll-click on the thread tools box at the top of your post and a drop down will appear giving you the option :thumbsup

Personally I think its great idea until one idiot decides to f it up for everyone else.....

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
You can post your own poll-click on the thread tools box at the top of your post and a drop down will appear giving you the option :thumbsup

Personally I think its great idea until one idiot decides to f it up for everyone else.....
Think positive ;)

Sounds like a cracking idea!! :thumbsup

·
Registered
11 Posts
As StK said, just needs one person to screw it up. Moderators will not be responsible for people being scammed this way. God knows how many emails I've received lately :frown

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
well i wont be loaning any of my gear out, cos when it eventually comes back broken which it will, everybody scatters in all directions saying it wasn't me from my experience..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Think positive ;)

Sounds like a cracking idea!! :thumbsup
I would but like Neal said we are the ones that are left to pick up the pieces :frown We have strict for sale rules and warnings but people still ignore them and then get burnt yet they expect us to help them out afterwards...go figure :confused

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
I like the idea, but to be honest I can't see it ever working...however I'm up for a poll and seeing where this goes.
However, I think someone other than the moderators need to take responsibility, we have enough on our hands...

·
Registered
156 Posts
well i wont be loaning any of my gear out, cos when it eventually comes back broken which it will, everybody scatters in all directions saying it wasn't me from my experience..
I dont think he means loan, he means parts u would normally bin/throw on fleabay get sent on to someone who pays the postage if they need that part :)

But yeah any "loaning" if thats involved, no thanks :)

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
I dont think he means loan, he means parts u would normally bin/throw on fleabay get sent on to someone who pays the postage if they need that part :)

But yeah any "loaning" if thats involved, no thanks :)
i think yal find he means tools and equipment mate..

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
He's on about car parts hence why he said instead of flogging calipers on eBay put them on here and if someones pays the postage they can have them there is no mention of tools

·
Registered
168 Posts
Could work, i've got some OEM speakers for an E92 that are sitting under my bed as i can't be arsed to sell them.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, I do just mean parts that your likely to throw away.

don't see what any one is to gain from "stealing the parts" you could probably buy the parts for a similar price to the cost of the postage from a scrap yard, this just saves you having to dig around in a scrap yard and lets us all benefit from it.

As time goes on and more parts are floating around it will be quicker as easier.

Could always set a rule like min 50 post members only? and you just pop you name on a list on here and the next person interested just PM's the person whose got it.

Simples.... surely lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nope, I do just mean parts that your likely to throw away.

don't see what any one is to gain from "stealing the parts"
Our concern is sending postage money and not getting anything in return. We have a lot of this going on at the moment and Moderators are forced to take action which is something we don't want to carry on doing. Hence why we have 100 post 3 month ruling.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
You have a good point there bet ya will get people happily accepting the postage costs but not posting anything

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
i just give em away anyway on here for nowt to whoever gets in there first..

will only work with established members and even then tho like the Mods say its ripe for abuse..

unworkable IMO cos it only takes one @sshole..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why doesn't the person arrange collection who wants the product?

Parcel2go.co.uk will allow some one to arrange a collection to my address where some one knocks on my door I give them the parcel and off they toodle...

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
and when that person isn't in for the collection or forgets or the other dosen't bother to arrange the collection, a slanging and moaning match appears on here and finger pointing and accusation to which the Mods don't need..

like i said it may work but only with well established members but even then?..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, that's a bleak view of the board members....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts